(WP8) Emulator (XDE) Troubleshooting Tips

问题

• (WP8) Emulator Troubleshooting Tips

Last revised 20 Nov 2012

Please start by reviewing the official MSDN troubleshooter here:
    Troubleshooting the Windows Phone 8 Emulator

Next, review the reset of this forum thread for additional help.

Please use this Troubleshooter if you are having problems getting the Windows Phone 8 Emulator to launch or if the emulator is running slowly. Note that the WP8 Emulator relies on Hyper-V technology and as hence issues using the Emulator are typically related to Hyper-V, its virtual operating environment, and virtual networking.

PROBLEM: Emulator cannot connect to network destinations

Please refer to the following on-line content:

MSDN: Troubleshooting the Windows Phone 8 Emulator

PROBLEM: Emulator will not launch

Try: Ensure that minimum hardware requirements are fulfilled, and BIOS settings are correct

The Emulator and Windows 8 Hyper-V require a 64-bit processor with Second Level
    Address Translation (SLAT).  For Intel, you essentially need a Core i3, i5
    or i7 processor (or one of many Xeons).  A list of AMD chips is available
    here.

1. Check the official System Requirements for Windows Phone Emulator.
    2. Does the SLAT tool report that your computer is SLAT capable? https://slatstatuscheck.codeplex.com/
    3. Within the BIOS setting of your computer, ensure that all virtualization technology is enabled. The exact BIOS option descriptions tend to vary depending in part on the hardware manufacturer. In general, enable features related to:
      • SLAT (Second Level Address Translation)
      • EPT (Extended Page Tables) (Intel)
      • NPT (Nested Page Tables) (AMD)
      • RVI (Rapid Virtualization Indexing)(AMD)
      • VMX (an Intel acronym indicating hardware assisted virtualization support)
      • SVM (an AMD acronym indicating hardware assisted virtualization support)
      • XD (Execute Disable) (Intel); this must be enabled
      • NX (No Execute)(AMD); this must be enabled.

If the following options are present in the BIOS:

• Disable Intel VT-d
    • Disable Trusted Execution

For more info:
    Technet: Hyper-V: How to Fix BIOS Errors Enabling Hyper-V

Additional considerations

1. Virtualization technology requires plenty of memory. Ensure you have at least 4GB system memory and that it is not being consumed by other resource intensive programs and processes.
    2. At a minimum the emulator requires Windows 8 Professional.  Windows Server (2008 or 2012) is not supported.

You can inspect the Event Viewer to see if there are any Hypervisor errors:
    Open Event Viewer (<window key>+<R> eventvwr) and select Windows Logs > System.  Then filter the log by Source = "Hyper-V-Hypervisor". Check for errors to help identify root cause.

If your processor meets the minimum requirements but hypervisor is still failing, consider finding out if there is a BIOS upgrade available for your computer.  If there is one, and you choose to upgrade, be sure to observe all precautions from the manufacturer when upgrading the BIOS (such as making sure the BIOS firmware upgrade is not interrupted by a power loss, which may permanently corrupt the BIOS).

Try: Cancel Hyper-V instances of the Emulator (Virtual Machines) already running and possibly in a corrupt state.

1. Close Visual Studio.
    2. Open up Hyper-V Manager; stop and remove any instances of VMs that are present.

Try: Remove/Disable third party drivers or software that may be interfering with virtual networking

This topic touches on some known issues with some 3rd party products installed under Windows 8 that includes include networking drivers/protocols that are not fully compatible with the Hyper-V networking stack.

In general, it will be up to the developers of those products to update their software to be compatible with Win8/Hyper-V.

These products that may require upgrading for Windows 8 compliance include virtualization systems, VirtualBox, Virtual PC 7, VMWare, some VPN clients, software firewalls, and some versions of the Cisco VPN clients. Work with the developer of the questionable virtualization software in order to have them upgrade the software so it is compatible with Win8/Hyper-V.

Workaround: disable all third party drivers and applications which may be interfering with the virtual network used by the Emulator to communicate with Visual Studio. This may include:

• Antivirus applications (which hook into the network stack)
    • Network monitoring tools
    • Network logging tools
    • Other system monitoring software

Another possible approach, short of uninstalling the product(s) in question (and requesting the product developer to release an updated version), here is a possible workaround:

1. Launch the “Network Connections” manager (from the home screen, type in “View Network Connections”, It will be listed under Settings)

2. Right click on the adapter named: “vEthernet (Internal Ethernet Port Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch)”

3. For that adapter, the only items that should be checked under “This connection uses the following items:” should be:

• Client for Microsoft Networks
    • QoS Packet Scheduler
    • File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    • Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
    • Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
    • Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder
    • Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
    • Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

4. All other items should be unchecked.

The downside to this technique is that any time a new 3rd party product installs unsupported drivers, or any time the emulator is installed, these steps will need to be repeated.

After uninstalling third party products you may need to restore the Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch:

Go into Hyper V. Go into the Virtual Switch Manager. Create a virtual switch called "Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch" Set its connection type to: “Internal network”.

Now launch the emulator. It should work.

Try: Install Hyper-V manually because third party software may be causing interaction problems between Hyper-V and the SDK installation process.  

1. Try manually installing the Hyper-V operating system feature before (re-) installing the SDK, via Control Panel->Programs and Features, “Turn Windows features on or off”.

PROBLEM: “…specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application”

This may occur if you have another instance of VS12 open and connected on a debug session with the emulator. Be sure cancel and close such open sessions before attempting any installation.

PROBLEM: Installation of the SDK causes Windows 8 to fail to reboot.

This item is included in this troubleshooter because there is a known issue with Hyper-V interacting with third party software, and Hyper-V is used by the Emulator.

When this happens, restore your system by using the F8 option at reboot and choose the last known good OS instance.

1. One possible root cause of this is if you are using a Gigabyte motherboard’s USB3 controller. The on-board USB3 controller and/or device driver is incompatible with Windows 8.
      More information: Boot failure after installation of Hyper-V role on Gigabyte systems
    2. Try manually installing the Hyper-V Windows feature before installing the SDK, via Control Panel->Programs and Features, “Turn Windows features on or off”.
    3. Check whether you have any BIOS setting similar to: "Limit CPUID Maximum Value to 3". If yes, try setting it to disabled and see if that helps.

PROBLEM: WP8 Emulator Deployment Fails But Emulator Still Runs

If the Emulator fails to connect to Visual Studio but appears to launch after the error, you may need to delete the Virtual Switches in Hyper-V Manager.

See this posting for details:
    WP8 Emulator Deployment Fails But Emulator Still Runs

PROBLEM: WP8 Emulator is unresponsive

If the Emulator is unresponsive and then fails:

1. It is possible that the Emulator was not able to start before the connection timeout period. This may be caused by other activity on your computer, or your computer may be otherwise memory or CPU resource limited.  Try closing other applications or services, or upgrade to more system memory.  More info and ideas in this thread.
    2. There may have been a user permissions problem either during installation of the WP8 SDK, or during execution of the emulator.
      Consider:
      • Making sure you are logged in with Administrator privilege
      • Uninstalling the WP8 SDK
      • Reinstalling the WP8 SDK (while logged in with Administrator privilege)

PROBLEM: Low computer performance causing emulator to time out

This category of problem seems to be associated with computers that have a low performance rating. Here is a list of possible causes and solutions:

• Your computer rating (Control Panel -> System and Security ->System) reports a low Windows Experience Index. Identify which component has the lowest value, and consider a remedy (for example in a laptop computer which uses small form factor disk drives, consider replacing the boot disk drive with a SSD drive)
    • There is low free system memory, possibly caused by other running processes consuming much of available memory. Consider removing processes/apps/services or consider upgrading to more than 4GB RAM.
    • You upgraded from Win7 to Win8, thereby inheriting its history regarding many applications and services being resident, as well as retaining state such as system policies.  A clean install (back up all your data and then format the drive before installing) may result in a performance improvement.
    • Particularly regarding the Win7->Win8 upgrade scenario, consider defragmenting your drive and making sure your page file is set up for optimal performance.
    • Make sure you are not nearing the capacity of your hard drive(s), as this might affect disk I/O performance and can result in increased fragmentation of the Emulator's virtual OS instance. 
    • Your drive may be near the end of its life. Behind the scenes, the drive automatically replaces failing disk sectors with working ones. It will eventually fail when it runs out of spare sectors or when the hardware fails outright.
    • Avoid configuring your Windows 8 OS as a .VHD file and then using it by native booting from VHD.  This is not supported. In addition this scenario would greatly reduce Emulator performance.

Emulator crashes on launch, event log shows XDE crash event with Exception code: 0xe0434352

Make sure credssp.dll is in the list of SecurityProviders in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders

ex: "msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll,
    msnsspc.dll, credssp.dll"

For those interested in Hyper-V technology in general:

Virtualization Blog
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualization/

Virtual PC Guy Blog
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/virtual_pc_guy/

John Howard – Senior Program Manager in the Hyper-V Team
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/jhoward/

Hyper-V Component Architecture
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3501

Link to the Windows Phone SDK 8.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35471

2012年10月31日 22:06

全部回复

• what about Intel Core 2 -Series processors ,which doesn't support hardware virtualization ?

I
    s there any way so we can test/Debug Our Apps using wp8 emulator ?

Piy007

2012年11月1日 8:39
  • Hi,

For Intel, you essentially need a Core i3, i5 or i7 processor (or one of many Xeons).  A list of AMD chips is available here

Hope this helps - Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7

2012年11月1日 14:26
  • I can confirm the Gigabyte motherboard issue.

Is this Gigabyte driver or MS problem?

Regards;
    Meelis

2012年11月1日 17:08
  • I can confirm the Gigabyte motherboard issue.

Is this Gigabyte driver or MS problem?

Most likely it is a Gigabyte USB3 driver issue. Ask the Gigabyte manufacturer for status or an updated driver.

-Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7

2012年11月1日 18:30
  • Hello

Do not run any of the emulators WP8, the error is: "Windows Phone Emulator emulator failed to set of the properties for a virtual machine: Failed to change the configuration of the virtual machine (Memory): The error code 32775."

I read that in the emulator wp8 different from wp7, is that it runs only with Hyper-V, the presence of processor technology Intel-VT (VMX) and Intel-EPT (SLAT). Hyper-V is available, connected components in Win8, availability and VMX SLAT confirmed site - http://ark.intel.com/Products/VirtualizationTechnology
    Update BIOS and checked the inclusion of virtualization technology, disable Anti-Virus, check adapter vEthernet (Internal Ethernet Port Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch), did not help.

System - Windows 8 Pro 64x, 4GB RAM, CPU Intel Core i7-3517U
    • 已编辑 FixFever 2012年11月2日 15:50
    2012年11月2日 15:48
  • Hi FixFever,

If you have tried all the other steps, perhaps there is an image corruption problem. You can try:

1. Uninstall the WP8 SDK

2. Stop and delete any VMs that may still be present in hyper-v

3. Manually delete
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.0\Emulation\Images\flash.vhd
    (
    if it still exists)

3. Reinstall the WP8 SDK

If still having problems, see if the emulator can be launched manually (more info here

-Mark

2012年11月2日 16:10
  • Follow all the steps, reinstalled WP8 SDK, nothing has changed, except that the emulator is WVGA 512MB began to run, but only from the Manager Hyper-V. If I run it from Visual Studio, it will not run, but without fault, just loaded.
    I noticed that when I try to run any emulator from VS, then the Hyper-V Manager to add virtual machine, but the path to the virtual hard disk is not specified (except WVGA 512mb), and for all the allocated memory 512mb, it should be more. Maybe the problem with this?

I tried to add the path to the virtual drive, but were given a variety of errors, such as: "Can not add device" Microsoft: Hyper-V: Synthetic Disk Drive "," The operation can not be implemented until the subject is in the current state "," Wrong arguments are ".

Reinstall WP8 SDK, WVGA 512mb does not run, but has started WVGA, after I was able to provide a path to its virtual disk.
    In VS emulator WVGA after 5 minutes of downloading (While in Hyper-V Manager, it is already running) Starts, but with a connection error. Application from VS will not start the emulator closed by pressing the hub "Music & Video".

Help, if you know the solution to this problem.

P.S. I translate text using Google Translate and edit. Sorry if made any mistakes in the translation.

• 已编辑 FixFever 2012年11月3日 13:12
    2012年11月3日 13:10
  • Hi FixFever,

If you have tried a completely clean build (formatted the disk etc. ) and are still having problems, avoid installing third party software before testing the WP8 SDK.

If you are installing any third party software such as antivirus, it may be necessary to completely uninstall such software, not just disable it.

Also can you supply the exact manufacturer/model of the PC motherboard and its BIOS version? This may help in identifying specific hardware incompatibility.

Let us know how it goes...

-Mark

2012年11月5日 15:21
  • Hi had problems with the creation of the switch. Had almost given up trying all week but today I saw that the wireless network I am using was configured to be shared. Changed that and started the emulator and it began to show Nokia's map in my application.
    So thank's, but was it neccessary to complicate the emulator this much?

Patrik

2012年11月9日 18:52
  • The WP8 emulator behaves as a standalone network device and as such is sensitive to the network topology/environment. Unfortunately the network environment can add complications.

-Mark

2012年11月9日 19:11
  • Hi.

I have a clean install W8 Pro x64 + VS2012 + WP8SDK, but I get the error "... specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application", VS says "Starting TaskHost.exe falied".

I am trying to reinstall VS and SDK, windows and VS and SDK, but still had problems. Emu started normally, but VS can not debug the application.

P.S. I translate text using Google Translate and edit. Sorry if made any mistakes in the translation.

2012年11月11日 14:04
  • Hi Igvor,

The most likely reason for the "communication resource in use" error is that you may have another instance of Visual Studio already running. If not visible on your desktop, check Task Manager for Microsoft Visual Studio etc.

Hope this helps,
    Mark

2012年11月12日 16:18
  • PROBLEM: “…specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application”

This may occur if you have another instance of VS12 open and connected on a debug session with the emulator. Be sure cancel and close such open sessions before attempting any installation.

I have also found a workaround for this problem when no other instances of VS2012 are open: use the right-click on project "Deploy" first, then the subsequent "Debug" or "Run" of the app often succeeds.

2012年11月12日 21:26
  • I still have this problem. I can deploy my app, but can't run it in debug mode (I can run it in emulator, but it makes no sense for debugging).

2012年11月13日 9:26
  • condition all passed

but, my xde not networking...yet...

i use trusted hardware(cpu, m/b, ssd are intel, memory are samsung...)

and  installed windows 8 pro(promotion upgrade) that when upgrading...deleted intel third party network interface driver, installed complete use bundle driver...

however can't use networking in XDE

what's the matter in this situation...?

i want publish my app to wp8 market place.

but, your don't give solution...

T^T

you remember that i paid money to be wp developer.

Kaim Lee

• 已编辑 Kaim Lee 2012年11月16日 15:27
    2012年11月16日 15:24
  • Hi Kaim,

Most likely there is a networking conflict because of a third party driver, third party service or third party app. Not knowing exactly what is in your system, I suggest a clean OS build by starting with the OS you had before, then applying the promotional Win8 pro upgrade. Do not install antivirus software etc. yet. Make sure that Hyper-V gets successfully added as a Windows component.

-Mark

2012年11月16日 18:26
  • before install win8  installer remove intel ethernet contoller driver because incompatible. (i did selected...)

then win 8 installation complete, ethernet controller driver installed automatically(another driver).

ok, i understood that driver is third party. but, it's in windows 8 image.

i think that your opinion is  faults are always third-party.

you said, os re-installing is solution, i think that  we made bug, but we can't kill it yet.... oh no~

Old-MS did not this, i want to answer like tech.net document, not reinstalling os.

--Korean

의미가 제대로 전달 되지 않을수 있으니

한글로 쓸테니 한국어 가능한 동료에게 해석을 부탁해서 의미를 제대로 이해하시기 바랍니다.

현재 문제가 발생하는 부분은 wp8 에뮬레이터가 인터넷에 연결이 안되는 상황이구요.

올려주신 내용, 그리고 하다 못해 stackoverflow등 구글링해서 나온 사용자들 해결 및 시도 상황들 가능한한 재현해 보았습니다.

1. 올려주신 내용에 나오는 설정 시 발생하는 오류메시지에 대한 답변은 알 수가 없습니다. 한두가지가 아닌데 말이죠..

2. 네트워크 설정에 따라 프록시 설정에 걸릴수 있으니 네트워크 관리자에 문의 하라고 하지만, 일반적인 상황에선 문제가 발생했다라는 증거를 네트워크 관리자에 제시해야 문제에 대한 답변을 들을 수 있습니다.
    예전 tech.net 자료들을 기억해보면 이럴 땐 이럴땐 이러한 툴이 있으니 이렇게 체크해보고 알수 있다 라는 식의 상세한 자료가 있지만 현재 에뮬레이터에서는 관련 툴 자체도 없고 알아낼 수 없다면 문제를 해결할 수가 없습니다.
    네트워크 관리자에 문의 해야하는게 아니라 관리가능한 자신의 네트워크를 갖춰야한다로 수정해야하지 않을까요?

3. 우리가 사용하는 개발용 컴퓨터는 ibm호환 pc라 불립니다. 윈도우즈 운영체제또한 이에 맞추어져있습니다.
    제가 사용하는 PC(이 PC를 산게 wp7개발 때문이었습니다.)는 인텔정품보드+인텔정품시피유+하다못해SSD마저 인텔정품SSD를 사용합니다. 메모리는 삼성정품메모리구요. 이 부품들은 ibm 호환 pc의 파츠이기도 하며 드라이버 이야기에 나오는 이더넷칩셋은 정품보드기 때문에 레퍼런스쪽에 가깝습니다(레퍼런스라고 해도 되겠죠).
    윈도우즈8 설치 시(업그레이드 프로모션) 설치된 드라이버중 broadcom bt, intel ehternet 드라이버가 윈도우즈8에 호환되지 않는다 하여 제가 선택해서 삭제 처리 했습니다.
    윈도우즈8 설치된 후에 두 드라이버는 새 버전으로(OS미디어에 있는 번들 드라이버겠죠) 설치 되었습니다.
    이는 서드파티 드라이버가 맞습니다만, 신뢰가능한 스테이블한 드라이버라 포함 된 것이 아닌지요? 그 관련 해서 문제라면 마이크로소프트에서 패치나 권고를 통해서 해결하도록 해야지, 서드파티는 문제가 있을수 있다로 얼버무리기엔 문제가 있지 않나 싶습니다.
    이 관련 해서 제가 인텔과 해결해야하는지요? 제가 OS및 드라이버를 MSFT분들보다 잘알면 MS직원이지 WP개발자로 등록이나 했을거 같은지요? 애시당초 신뢰하는 드라이버가 문제가 있을거라고 생각되지도 않.습.니.다.

4. 해결 방법중 윈도우즈를 크린설치하라는 말은 msft의 손에서 나올 이야기가 아닌거 같습니다. 그런 말은 한국말로 '초딩도 합니다'. (사실 한국 초등학생은 저보다 코딩 및 시스템 점검 잘 하는 친구들도 많습니다.)

5. 이 문제를 해결하는 것이 최우선인게 우리들입니다. 최선의 방법을 찾아주시길 바랍니다. 되지 않는 시스템을 위해서 돈내며 개발자 등록하는것 아닙니다.

ps.

한국개발자들을 위한 포럼을 삭제한 이유는 무엇인지 모르겠군요.

Kaim Lee

• 已编辑 Kaim Lee 2012年11月17日 15:26 이해를 돕기위해 한국추가
    2012年11月17日 14:56
  • Hello

I have spent 2 hours trying to fix "No internet" problem. Tried every solution proposed on this forum. Nothing helped.

What I did:

- reinstall SDK - nothing

- trying enable internet sharing on vEthernet adapter - nothing

- unchecking "Automatic detection" in Internet connection - nothing

Finally I looked in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections -> Menu Advanced->Advanced Settings->Adapters and Bindings. I found that WP Emulation Internal switch is located at top of the list. I moved vEthernet (which is Network Adapter Virtual Switch) at the top of the list, and now everything is fixed. WP8 emulator now connects to internet.

Hope this will helps people who still have problem with internet connection in WP8 emulator.

2012年11月18日 13:54
  • Hello, 

Same problems with the emulator, I can deploy an run (Ctrl+F5) but debugging constantly fails with the following error:

The debbuger seems to be in an intermediate state, I can stop debugging event tough the application was not launched in the simulator. Launching manually the application on the simulator, produces the same error. When the debugger is disconnected, I can launch the application from the app list.

It's a fresh installation Windows 8 + VS 2012 on a MacbookPro core i7, native Bootcamp boot

I'm using the C++ D3D sample provided with the Windows Phone 8 SDK

• 已编辑 vtnico 2012年11月18日 22:25
    2012年11月18日 22:21
  • last weekend, i tried to connect internet,  possible to use all my knowledge.

i  can't know why don't use proxy.

so i tried to find another method connect to internet my VM(XDE)'s switch.

i tried to share my physical ethernet adaptor's connection at VM's switch.

it was simple.

first, Hiper-V's virtual switch set to private network
    and then go to 'network connection'. select my physical ethenet. right mouse click, and open properties dialog.
    find sharing tab, check first checkbox that 'another network user through to use my network'
    and then select VM's virtual switch.

it can connect to via my physical ethernet adaptor, because VM's virtual switch is set to private network.

logically, that connect is perfect.

then, go to Hiper-V Manager, turned Emulator 720P instance  on.
    Wow.  possible to connect internet via my physical ehernet adaptor.

i thought that settings was perfected. but  Other trials that were waiting for me. 

i think that 's emulator launcher bug at vs.net 2012 for windows phone.

when launching  vs.net 2012 to 720p VM Instance. emulator always make new  'virtual switch' for external network.

and then VM at emulator can't use  internet connection.

but resetting sharing physical ethernet. starting same instance at hiper-V, it can connect to.

always, when launch in vs.net IDE. make new virtual switch(for external network). that instance can't connect.

why? why?
    i don't know why...

but i can avoid to connection new virtual switch(for external network).

that is also simple.

first, launching in vs.net IDE to connect virtual switch(for external). VM cannot use internet connection.
    and then, go to hiper-V manager. go to virtual switch manager. edit 'external' to 'internal'.

finally re-setting sharing via physical ethernet adaptor.

in running instance may connect internet using my physical internet adaptor.

but, vs.net IDE launcher bug, can't fix.

i think that is explicit bug.

i want to solve that bug or  to give me method of avoidence.

it is Bother debugging.

----

아래는 한국 유저중 저와 같은 상황을 겪는 분들을 위해 씁니다.

'에뮬레이터가 인터넷에 연결되지 않습니다.

에뮬레이터 인터널 스위치는 자동으로 받든, 기본 세팅이든 에뮬레이터에 연결하기 위한 내부 사설망으로 연결되므로 손대지 않아도 됩니다.

가상 스위치의 경우 고정아이피로 설정이 되어있지만, 프록시 관련인지(이것 부터 알아내는 방법이 일반적인 상황엔 없습니다) 네트워크에 연결이 되지 않습니다.

이 경우 에뮬레이터에 연결하더라도 에뮬레이터는 인터넷에 엑세스 할 수 없습니다(단절된 스위치속에 있는 ip니까요)

여러가지 방법을 사용해 정상적인 네트워크를 구성하려 해보았스나 돌아오는 답변은 서드파티 드라이버문제라는둥, proxy문제라는둥(근본적으로 알아내야 네트워크 관리자에게 요청할 수 있지요) 찾기 힘든답만 현재 MSFT라는 분이 주고 계십니다.

각설하고, 정상적으로 가상스위치를 동작시킬 수 없다를 인정하고 가상스위치가 내 물리적인 네트워크 아답터를 공유하도록 설정하도록 하겠습니다.

우선 hiper-V 관리자로 가서 가상스위치 관리자로 갑니다. 가상스위치는 외부네트워크로 연결되어있습니다만, 라디오 버튼을 내부 네트워크로 수정하고 저장하도록 합니다.

그다음 제어판>네트워크및 인터넷>네트워크 연결 목록으로 갑니다.

물리적인 네트워크 항목을 찾습니다. 유선랜카드면 이더넷, 무선 랜카드면 무선인터넷(Wifi)정도로 표기가 될 것이라 추정됩니다.

우클릭후 속성, 다이얼로그에서 공유탭을 갑니다. 인터넷 여결 공유 아래 첫번째 다른네트워크 사용자가 이 컴퓨터의 인터넷 연결을 통해 연결 할 수 있도록 허용 체크박스를 체크하시면 아레 홈네트워킹 연결 목록이 뜹니다. 이 목록에서 가상스위치(금방전 내부로 바꾸었던)로 설정하고 확인을 누르시면 ip가 192.168.137.1로 바뀐다는 둥 이야기가 나옵니다.

네 라고 하시고 넘어가시면 해당 가상스위치 속성을 보시면 아이피가 바꾸어져 있을겁니다.

이 상태에서 hiper-v를 통해 에뮬레이터를 켜서 IE를 구동하면 인터넷을 공유 네트워크를 통해 접속가능하게 됩니다.

여기서 한가지 문제가 발생합니다. vs.net2012 express for wp IDE에서 시작할 시, 외부 네트워크가 존재하지 않으면 새 가상 스위치를 외부로 만들어서 강제 바인딩 하게 됩니다. 이러면 또 인터넷이 불가능하게 되지요.

현재 이것은 버그로 보고 있습니다만, MSFT분께서 인정해주실지는(이분이 인정한다고 인정되는게 아닌거 같습니다만...제대로 된 답변을 받기 힘들어 보입니다) 미지수지만, 우리는 WP8앱을 개발해야 하니 회피책을 알려드립니다.

에뮬레이터가 뜨면서 가상스위치가 새로 생성되고 외부 네트워크로 설정이 되면 말짱 도로묵입니다만, hiper-v 가상 스위칭 관리자에서 다시 내부로 돌릴수 있습니다. 외부 네트워크로 설정이 되어있기 때문에 공유 설정은 무시된 상태기 때문에 공유를 초기화(체크박스 해제후 확인) 한다음 다시 재 공유 설정을 하시면 됩니다.

한번 뜬 에뮬레이터를 끄지 않으시면 되겠죠. 아주 간단하지 않습니까?

부팅된 WP8 에뮬레이터의 인터넷 속성을 공유로 다시 바꾸어 놓고 거기다 이미지 올리고 작업하시면 되겠습니다.

아, 한국사람들끼리 간헐적으로 담소를 나누던 apphub 포럼이 그립네요.

자 그럼 다들 건승하세요!!!

added.

한국사람들의 포럼이 없는게 아니라 무슨 이유에서인지 포럼으로 들어가는 링크를 타면 로긴이 안되서 안뜨는거군요.

직접 메뉴를 찾아들어가니 들어가짐 ㅠㅠ

Kaim Lee

• 已编辑 Kaim Lee 2012年11月20日 8:41 포럼이 없는게 아니라...
    2012年11月19日 14:41
  • Hi Mark,

I unfortunatly ran into the Gigabyte MB issue and go it fixed by disabling the USB3 controller.

Then I got the emulator installed and running and after the first startup, my specific DNS settings got removed so I had to reset them manually. My network adapter does not use automatic settings (no DHCP).

Finally I got the "port is in use" issue to which I can't find a solution yet. I suspect it's just plain unable to connect to the WP virtual machine through the network. But that's as far as I can get.

I've found some people saying that switching back to a local account with English on characters, running the emulator and then return to a MS account solves it for them.

But it's sure that there's no two visual studio 2012 debug sessions running simultaneously so it might be worth a little more investigation. Would you need more details to address this issue?

Regards,

Étienne Brouillard

• 已编辑 EtienneB 2012年11月20日 2:37
    2012年11月20日 2:37
  • About:

PROBLEM: “…specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application”

I have windows live account which contains Russian letters. Under Russian account I have this problem.

But if I logged in by other local account (with English letters) I can debug the WP8 application under emulator.

Please help

2012年11月20日 16:20
  • Is it possible that you are not logged out of the English account when you have logged into the Russian account?

-Mark

2012年11月20日 16:28
  • I created a local account named WP8 Dev. Debugging works. Now I'm curious as to why it won't work when signing in with a MS Account (Étienne Brouillard)...
    2012年11月21日 1:10
  • Hello Mark ,

I'd worked on WP7 , internet is working fine on wp7 emulator. But WP8 emulator is just a Heck with suport of Hyper-v. Suggest something becz when i start the emulator error showing "Emulator not getting IP to Proceed". I'd use wireless and wired connection but DHCP, etc not working, not getting the IP for emulator to prceed .

Thanks In Advance !!!

2012年11月21日 6:05
  • Is it possible that you are not logged out of the English account when you have logged into the Russian account?

-Mark

Hello Mark ,

I'd worked on WP7 , internet is working fine on wp7 emulator. But WP8 emulator is just a Heck with suport of Hyper-v. Suggest something becz when i start the emulator error showing "Emulator not getting IP to Proceed". I'd use wireless and wired connection but DHCP, etc not working, not getting the IP for emulator to prceed .

Thanks In Advance !!!

2012年11月21日 6:05
  • Hi Étienne,

This might be because your other account doesn't have the same permission or group membership (such as Hyper-V Administrators). For example, you can Start->Run lusrmgr.msc, click on Groups, and in the center pane double click on Administrators and Hyper-V Administrators to see if both your accounts have permissions.

Hope this helps,
    Mark

2012年11月21日 15:06
  • Hello,

You will need a DHCP service in your network. There are various ways to overcome this, i.e. the solution depends on your particular situation. The following links can help.

Bing search: dhcp hyper-v

DHCP Clients Are Unable to Get IP Addresses from a DHCP Server

-Mark

2012年11月21日 15:26
  • Hi,

I'm having problems running the application in the emulator from Visual Studio - it consistently fails with the following error message:

The connection to the virtual machine has been lost. The virtual machine may have been turned off by another application. The Windows Phone Emulator must close.

If I open Hyper-V Manager at that time and select the emulator in the list of virtual machines, I can see a thumbprint image of the working emulator with my app loaded up at the bottom of the window on the summary tab. As soon as I click Close on the error message box it turns off the emulator though.

Any hints on what could be the problem and how I can remedy it?

Thanks in advance.

2012年11月21日 20:53
  • Are there any messages in the Event Log regarding Hyper-V?

Do you have lots of memory available, and lots of free disk space available?

-Mark

2012年11月21日 22:40
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the follow up. Both users are members of the Hyper-V Administrators and Administrators groups but the problem remains...

Is it possible that it's because my account is linked to a Microsoft Account?

Regards,

Étienne

2012年11月22日 2:16
  • Hi,

I just created two new Hyper-V virtual Switches.

Internal:
    "Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch"

External:
    "Windows Phone Emulator External Switch"

and everything just works fine without any further Configuration.

www.consulting4it.de

2012年11月22日 8:12
  • Could you please tell me how I can create these two switches and how I shall use them.

I would really appreciate that.

Thore

Regards, Thore

2012年11月22日 11:30
  • Hi Mark,

I've tried starting the emulator once again today. I've checked the Event Log afterwards and didn't find anything suspicious:

• System event log contains only one info event for each VM-Switch
    • Hyper-V-Hypervisor operational log has info events about creating and deleting permissions
    • Hyper-V-SynthNic Admin log has info events about starting the VM and connecting (and later disconneting) from virtual network
    • Hyper-V-VMMS Admin log has events regarding background disk merging
    • Hyper-V-Worker Admin log has info events regarding starting and stopping the emulator and protocol negotiation for Display Controller

Disk space is definitely not an issue (331/397 GB available). I don't have exactly an abundance of memory (when the VM is already running: 3.1 GB in use, 804 MB available, 3.9/7.9 GB commit charge).

2012年11月23日 19:26
  • I'm seeing that the emulator starts booting, then it seems to have no significant load on my system and after 5 minutes I reach the timeout limit. I've checked that HyperV is running and that my cpu supports it, I've got 8gb of memory, SLAT is enabled, disk is 0% fragmented, and I am able to run the virtual device from the HyperV manager itself with no problems. 

I've tried all options short of reinstalling Windows 8 itself and trying to see if it runs then (when I installed windows 8 I did specify that I only wanted personal data to be retained, not the applications).

Does anyone have any other idea's?

2012年11月24日 15:55
  • Hi Mark,

We recently tried upgrading our app from Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8. While installing the windows phone 8 SDK we faced an issue. We were not able to connect to internet via the emulator. We have tried many options which we found here in the forum and on stackoverflow.

In one of the method we followed, we turned on Internet sharing in one of the virtual network adaptor and tried to start the emulator using Hyper-V. It started successfully and we were able to use the net. But when we try to follow the same procedure and start the emulator using visual studio and try to deploy any app, the emulator crashes giving this error

"the windows phone emulator wasn't able to connect to the windows phone os 

they didn't respond to the connect request"

Please provide a solution to our problem. Also please note tat we are not using any proxy for the machine in which the SDK has been installed.

2012年11月26日 7:31
  • Hi,

1. Is that the exact message? 

2. Have you tried a clean installation of Windows 8, ideally by starting with a new disk drive (which also has the benefit of saving the contents of your old drive)? This will eliminate the possibility of a corrupt OS or third party software which may be affecting the network.

-Mark

2012年11月26日 15:12
  • Yes Mark, Thanks for your reply. I have installed a fresh Windows on the system. Also note that I had formatted the complete system during installation.
    2012年11月27日 5:37
  • Are you installing antivirus software or similar network hooking software? For example, one developer reported an emulator connection problem until Symantec Endpoint Protection was removed (it had been installed by a corporate group policy).

2012年11月27日 17:07
  • A glitch that drove me crazy for a while was: Client Hyper-V is temperamental on some NICs, especially when resuming from suspend. Basically, the host OS can see the external network, but all guests think it is disconnected. Fix for me was to chuck in an Intel CT. I guess it was dodgy adapter drivers, but chucking in an Intel is quicker than waiting for them to fix it.

Marc [C# MVP]

2012年11月28日 7:22
  • Thanks Marc!
    -MarK

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 8

2012年11月28日 15:59
  • I can't launch the WP8 emulator. The first time it tries to configure the network. It takes 1 or 2 minutes and then it show the message: "Invalid query". And closes. The message on Error List is "Invalid pointer".

After that if I try to launch again, it fails with the same messages, but it don't take too long.

I had two other VPN programs and I remove them. Already tried to reinstall the Hyper-V after removing.

I already tried all the tips I found here.

Any help?

2012年11月29日 12:16
  •  thank you very much after some fórum reply and i have not recibed the correct

answer that i was looking for , urekaaaaaa. .. i get right answer that i need from you

hey mark .... always i will be greatful ... never forget your help. because i need to change

my laptop for other one and i was distressed. thank very much .

2012年11月30日 19:06
  • Every time I restart my laptop, emulator lost connection to internet and I forced to spend 1-2 hours trying to fix.  Deleting emulator images in Hyper-V, resetting adapters! And I unable to remember what steps exactly allow to to fix it. Why I have to spend so much time to run emulator instead of programming?

Can someone from MS tell me what the hell is going on with your brilliant WP8 emulator??? If you can not develop it, hire some good guys to do your job! Really shame on your!

2012年12月2日 12:29
  • Hi Mark,

I have this error with Windows Phone SDK 8.0 and Visual Studio 2012 installed on Windows 8 x64. The installation went fine and AFAIK my computer specification meets the hardware requirements. The issue with mine is that the emulator list wont show up in Visual Studio which makes me cant able to run or debug applications created with Visual Studio. I have tried to do a reinstall a few times with no success. I tried to run the emulator from the command line and found out that the emulator could launch perfectly fine so I figured that the issue would be with Visual Studio. When I tried to deploy manually using the XAP deployment application it gives an "HRESULT 0x89721800" error which is exactly the same error I get when I try to deploy from Visual Studio.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Update:

I've got a solution for this issue here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wptools/thread/796ea925-c1bf-4fb3-bc67-4967823b51eb .

The main issue is that the visual studio datastore seemed to be corrupted somehow.

Regards, Syakur Rahman

2012年12月3日 21:50
  • God...i am using lenovo x200 for developments... and here is the CPU,

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor P8400...,

so it means there is no other ways for development....?

2012年12月10日 2:30
  • Yes, it seems that we can't use our laptop to develop windows phone 8 application.

I have a core2 duo su9400 and for now I have to be satisified for developing windows phone 7 apps. I am using SDK 8 for it though.

Regards, Syakur Rahman

2012年12月10日 3:46
  • I have the problem with disappearing emulator skin submitted  also by other user on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wptools/thread/c4d9062a-7eca-49ce-8e9a-d01b2c948e2e but without  answer. He wrote:
    “I upgraded to Windows 8, and installed Windows Phone 8 SDK. It seems that everything is working well except a small issue on the emulator. I can compile an app and deploy it on the emulator. It works well and I can test my app on it. But from time to time, the emulator skin is disappeared. I cannot select or move the emulator window and cannot click the windows button to stop the app.
    But there is still the additional tool buttons beside of the emulator, I can close, minimize, rotate, zoom in, and open the additional tool. And if I rotate the emulator, the skin is back. And from time to time, it is disappeared again.”

I have: Intel Graphics 3000 in Intel i5 and different screen resolution change nothing.

Have you any ideas?

2012年12月11日 11:34
  • This may be due to malware, or other network monitoring software. Are you able to perform a clean build of Windows 8 and retry? You can set aside your existing boot disk and try with a new disk.

-Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 8

2012年12月17日 20:36
  • Hi Michal,

There was a seemingly rare bug in the past regarding this, with the WP7 emulator. I suspect it was fixed, but now the WP7 emulator can run in the WP8 SDK which is a new environment.  Are you testing an app built for WP7 or WP8?

The workaround was to minimize it from the taskbar button and then restore it.

-Mark

2012年12月17日 20:45
  • The issue concerns all emulator except 7.1 one in VS 2012 environment. With 7.1 emulator there is another problem – it works terrible slow. But there is known workaround – to switch Hyper-V off. I found out that running emulator “as administrator” prevents WP8 emulator’s skin disappearance. To do this one must run VS 2012 “as administrator”. I couldn’t resolve if there is something wrong with my UAC. I’ve never done any special changes to folders, files or users privileges. I’ve also tried to suspend Kaspersky antivirus protection but without success.

2012年12月18日 10:49

• transis

2012年12月20日 13:40
  • Need some help folks, when I install Hyper-V my Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Lumia 920) stops connecting to the computer.  Currently running a clean build of Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit, no other programs installed other than Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows Phone.

Issues

1. The device is recognized and shows up in the devices

2. The device shows up in File Explorer, when clicked it shows the folders but goes into Not Responding

3. The Windows Phone App does not recognize the device

4. Visual Studio 2012 attempts to deploy to the Windows Phone but states "timeout period has expired"

5. When Hyper-V is uninstalled the Windows Phone 8 interacts with all of the above normally

Any ideas?

2012年12月23日 14:05
  • I get error code 8x89721200
    2013年1月4日 21:10
  • Hi, all

Maybe some people have same problem, why i can't connect windows phone 8 emulator to internet? i have check on this page for trouble shoot like in this page
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj681694%28v=vs.105%29.aspx#BKMK_CannotconnecttoInternetdestinations and
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13159947/windows-phone-8-emulator-cant-connect-to-the-internet

Would you share the real trouble shoot?

Best regard

Adit

2013年1月7日 1:57
  • I get a strange error and cannot debug on WP8 emulator or device. There is no issue in running windows 8 or windows phone 8 emulators. there is no issue in deployment, the app does get deployed successfully to the wp8 emulator and device. But it just doesn't start a debug session. I get an error

Unable to start debugging 'C:\Windows\System32\TaskHost.exe'.

The system cannot find the file specified

Even after pressing OK on the error, visual studio is still in "debug" mode. If during this time I try to start the app again in emulator/device by tapping on the deployed app icon. It shows the same error again on the development machine. So I have to manually "stop" debugging in visual studio.

If I hit Ctrl+F5, the app successfully starts in the emulator... what gives??

The file  'C:\Windows\System32\TaskHost.exe' is present, I checked. I reinstalled visual studio 2012 and wp8 sdk. I rewired the Hyper-V network. Nothing works.

My last resort is to reinstall windows 8 but this is really a pain, can you please help?

Imran Shafiq @danglingneuron danglingneuron.wordpress.com

2013年1月10日 2:56
  • Another poster reported the same problem the other day (can deploy but cannot debug). The fix was to completely uninstall his antivirus software. This problem can also occur if other system monitoring software is used, that hooks into the filesystem. Also it could be that you actually have a virus or malware installed.

-Mark

2013年1月10日 15:42
  • This problems was resolved by a complete re-install of windows 8, visual studio 2012, wp8 sdk.

Imran Shafiq @danglingneuron danglingneuron.wordpress.com

• 已建议为答案 cannabis7 2013年2月2日 7:08
    2013年1月10日 20:58
  • Hoping someone can help.

I have all the requirements etc.

Hyper-V lists the virtual machine, and I can launch it fine from the HV Manager.

When launching from VS, the emulator just hangs on  "loading phone OS" - then fails deployment. I can see the VM has successfully launced from HV Manager - but it seems the emulator fails to connect to the image.

I have a core i5 3470 with * Gig RAM ; Asus P8Z77-M motherboard.

On a side note - the CPU says it support VT-d - which needs to be disabled - but I can't find a setting for this in the BIOS settings :|

EDIT UPDATE: Turns out connecting to wifi router via wifi USB dongle was the issue. Hooked up the router directly to the PC via Network Card + Ethernet cable + re-install of SDK. 

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity

2013年1月24日 21:28
  • you can use my small guide to create VM with VS12 that can run windows phone emulator without any problem: http://goo.gl/MqgT8

Maxim.

2013年2月22日 10:08
  • I have strange GPS location tool behavior at WP8 emulator. I can't debugging location based apps steadly.
    Is this known issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Steps:

1. Location tool does not working until accept location service at Maps App. (by design?)
    2. If I keep running Maps App, location tool are working well
    3. If I start debbuging my app, location are shown specified place that setting by Location tool.
    4. But, after a few minutes, suddenly location jumps to Redmond USA. Location tool lost control in my app.
    5. When I switch task to Maps App, location jump return to my specified place I choosed in Location tool.
    6. Return to my app, goto #4.

Env:

• Windows 8 Enterprise / Professional x64 Jpn
    • WP8 SDK
    • No GPS device on the PCs

Confirmed at different PCs.
    In WP7.x SDK Location tool working well.

• 已编辑 kaorun 2013年2月25日 9:24 fix typo.
    2013年2月25日 9:23
  • Hi,

Does it make a difference if, from within the Emulator's Location screen, you click on the "Live" button to toggle live interaction on or off?

-Mark

2013年2月25日 18:55
  • Hi Mark!

Thank you for your response.
    I tried both Live on/off status and play some pinned point too. I captured the behavior today. Would you check following movie?

WP8SDK GPS Location Tool Problem - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQF28XjX4Ls

2013年2月26日 4:37
  • Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. This problem is also reported here, along with a workaround (a modification in your code):

geoLocator.DesiredAccuracy = Windows.Devices.Geolocation.PositionAccuracy.High;

We have recorded this in our internal issues database, to be considered for correction in a future version of the tools and/or operating system.

Best regards,
    Mark

2013年2月26日 15:28
  • Wow!

Thank you Mark! This works fine! Now location tool working well.

2013年2月27日 3:17
  • Windows 8 crashes (Blue screen) every time I try to launch an WP8 app on emulator or device. 
    2013年3月4日 6:10
  • Hi,

Something as severe as a blue screen is typically caused by a device driver problem, data corruption on the disk drive, or a defective computer.

I would consider running memory diagnostics (F8 at boot time), and chkdsk for starters. Next consider reinstalling the tools, VS and/or the OS.

Also search the web to see if your particular brand of computer hardware has problems with Windows 8, WP8 tools or Hyper-V.

If you suspect the problem may be due to a device driver (such as one that you needed to add), you can try Driver Verifier (verifier.exe).

-Mark

2013年3月4日 15:56
  • Hi,

I have a 32-bit laptop (non-slat) so i can't even install the WP SDK 8.0, because it tells me a 64-bit is needed and i can't even start the installation.

Could i install the SDK without the emulator? I can test my apps with a WP8 device.

Thank you for your help!

Jorge

2013年3月6日 20:42
  • Hi,

Unfortunately you need a 64 bit CPU to install the WP8 SDK.

-Mark

2013年3月6日 21:04
  • Hi Mark, I need your help. If I enabled hyper-v in components Windows I can't enabled virtualization in BIOS because my computer is not running. I don't enabled this two components in one time because mycomputer is not running.i have Windows 8 Pro and my computer have SLAT. Processor is AMD A6 4400M. Please help me.

2013年3月16日 23:42
  • Hi,

If your computer crashes as a result of enabling virtualization in BIOS then you may have a motherboard or device driver that is not compatible with Hyper-V (such as the known Gigabyte motherboard issue).

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/thread/08273347-7e10-4dac-98fc-0c3a10530efd/

Hope this helps,
    Mark

2013年3月18日 14:33
  • Hi,

If your computer crashes as a result of enabling virtualization in BIOS then you may have a motherboard or device driver that is not compatible with Hyper-V (such as the known Gigabyte motherboard issue).

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/thread/08273347-7e10-4dac-98fc-0c3a10530efd/

Hope this helps,
    Mark

I booted the computer in safe-mod, and laptop booted with Hyper-V and enabled virtualization, but don't run emulator Windows Phone (writes is not enabled hardware virtualization, but this feature is enabled) I have laptop HP Envy m6 1101sr

Upd. I found a solution to this problem here.
    • 已编辑 FrabWP 2013年3月19日 14:42
    2013年3月18日 17:04
  • Here is a solution, for this scenario:

When you run your WP8 app in debug mode on the WP 8 emulator, it does not start and displays this error message: “The Windows Phone Emulator wasn't able to set some properties on the virtual machine: Couldn't change memory of the virtual machine: Error code 32775

-Mark

2013年3月21日 14:02
  • OK, what would Cause the Emulator to run perfectly fine the first time you run it, but if you stop debugging and turn it off it never loads again. Also if I repair the SDK it works again, the first time and it doesn't work again, and yes I've deleted previous instances of the emulator in Hyper-V.
    2013年3月21日 23:26
  • If there is some third party software running in your computer that monitors and filters the network, the file system, or hyper-v components, this behavior might occur.

-Mark

2013年3月22日 14:39
  • hi all.. i run into problem using visual studio 2012 express for windows phone in opening visual studio 2010 xna project.... i lost all the reference (showing yellow warning sign) and even if i add all the reference manually it just can't allow me to build....

2013年4月5日 1:46
  • This sounds like the addressed here:

Aaron Stebner:

XNA Windows Phone project templates are not available if Visual Studio 2012 is installed to a non-default path

or this one:

Possible Windows 8 problem

There are even more in Aaron's blog:

A search

-Mark

Getting Started? Click here
    Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions

hmm i think it won't work.. because i instaled it in default location... and i tried other solution but it not working....  It really anoying i can't even follow the tutorial in msdn because i can't open the sample project.... 

any other solution i can try maybe?

2013年4月7日 1:40
  • Hi there.

I recently installed Windows 8 Pro 64 bits in order to be able to use the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK.

I upgraded from Windows 7 keeping only personal data (by selecting the "Just personal files" option) in the installation wizard.

I then proceeded to install Visual Studio 2012 and the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK. Everything went smoothly and so I proceeded to try to create my first WP8 app in VS.

The problem is I'm not able to deploy the project to the emulator. The following error appears:

"The Windows Phone Emulator couldn't start because the hypervisor isn't running."

I then checked the services running and the "Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management" service is running, I'm able to lauch the Hyper-V Manager but I've got no Virtual Machines listed there.

I've tried several approaches to try and get it working, including unninstalling the SDK, disabling the Hyper-V feature in Control Panel and reinstalling the SDK. After the installation I get a message saying that Hyper-V had been turned on.

Even though it says Hyper-V was turned on and I'm able to access the Hyper-V Manager console as stated before it still says the "hypervisor" isn't running when I try to deploy the application in Visual Studio, resulting in no VM being created in Hyper-V.

I've also tried creating the Internal Virtual Switch that Hyper-V needs, which I suppose should have been automatically created upon installation but for some reason it wasn't, so I did it manually (following the troubleshooting guide tips. I should also point out that Hardware Virtualization in enabled in BIOS, the PC supports SLAT and here is the CoreInfo report:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 460  @ 2.53GHz
    Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel
    HYPERVISOR      -       Hypervisor is present
    VMX             *       Supports Intel hardware-assisted virtualization
    EPT             *       Supports Intel extended page tables (SLAT)

Is there anything I'm missing or something I haven't tried that could be the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I had to remove the screenshots incorporated in the message in order to be able to post it, will try to edit the post and add the images later.

• 已编辑 P. Silva 2013年4月13日 15:04
    2013年4月13日 14:43
  • Hi,

Here is another thread to investigate.

You may need to upgrade your BIOS. Search on-line to see if there is a known issue with Hyper-V working with your particular computer brand/model/BIOS.

If that failed I would consider doing a clean install instead of an upgrade to eliminate prior registry state as a possible cause.

-Mark

2013年4月15日 14:15
  • Hello Mr Mark ,

I Hope you help me in this as I am so stuck , my emulator is having an issue with internet that it looses connection after first wcf serfice call and the biggest one is that I need to close it and open it again on each change of the application , even if I change a text in the UI , I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the SDK and same problem . It happened suddenly though and I dont have any anti-virus installed...the only thing I installed was iTunes and I removed it .

2013年5月12日 5:56
  • Hi,

See if temporarily disabling Windows Firewall makes a difference.

You may have some other form of network monitoring software in your computer. Look in Task Manager. 

You might have malware (a virus) running in your computer.

-Mark

2013年5月13日 14:16
  • Thanks , I fixed several issues and it's working fine now , here are they .

First : It seems if the design isnt well organized the layout doesnt work fine .

Second : for a weird reason , the mobile project was inside a solution that consists of several projects , and running it usually makes asp.net development server run , when i took it out to a project alone it started working .

Thanks for trying with me anyway i truelly appreciate that.

2013年5月13日 21:54
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for this nice post. I am having a very uncommon issue I guess. I have Lenovo C540 system, with Intel i5 processor, 4GB RAM and meets all the criteria that's required to run the emulator in Windows 8 64bit Pro.

But it fails to run in my PC. Everytime I want to start the debugging in WVGA 512 or something, after few seconds a message pops up, "Can't start Windows phone 8 emulator because hyper visor is not running"

I have checked the internal configuration and everything through Coreinfo, CheckSLATCapability.exe and etc, everything is fine in my system, stills unable to get what I want to achieve. I want to build apps for windows phone 8. But facing a hell lot of trouble. Please help.

I have already posted my query in MSDN bt no help. Please check the below link.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/wpapps/en-US/20beaca9-bf95-4e7c-a3da-69c8e9f1aea4/windows-phone-emulator-does-not-start-says-hypervisor-is-not-running

2013年8月13日 5:49
  • Hi,

I found this post which also seems to be yours.

"Hypervisor launch failed; Processor does not provide the features necessary to run the hypervisor (leaf 0x80000001, register 0x3: features needed 0x28100800, features supported 0x28000800)."

If Lenovo is unable to supply a BIOS update to fix this, then you probably should return the notebook and switch to a different brand or model.

Hope this helps,
    Mark

2013年8月13日 14:21
  • 감사합니다.

2013年11月3日 0:08
  • Dear Mark,

I have an error on my emulator.

I've develop an application in windows phone, before then it's running okay and there is no error.

Someday, i upgrade my vs, then my project cannot be loaded. so, I decided to reinstall my vs.

after finish doing things, I wanted to test my application. But somehow, an error occur, Application Development Error. I search for everything that can make this thing right. But, it still a dead end.

After I do some search, I found out that my emulator didn't work properly. It starting up, but after 13sec it reboots again and starting up again, this loop happen for several minutes, after that my vs says that error.

Then I think maybe it's VHD, so I choose the VHD from MicrosoftSDKs/Windows Phone/Emulation/Images/Flash.VHD and it starting.

But, after I configure my setting of emulator to change its VHD to Flash.VHD, It doesn't work at all. still loopback booting.

Please can you help me? I work with this error for 4 days. Thank you

Regards,

Budi Prasetyo

2013年11月6日 4:00
  • Ofc you have to have SLAT etc. blablabla 

but if all of above fail for you - my steps to fix problem:

Start -> cmd (as administrator)

- bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

bios: 

Intel Virtualization stuff - Enabled (In advanced tab)

Intel anti-theft - Disabled

Restart.

Worked for me:

Processor: Intel i3

Asus ultrabook S46C

2013年12月12日 17:50
  • Hi,

I have a new Problem with the Emulator, not mentioned her (I didn't find it)

WP7 Emulators work. But for a week now, my WP8 Emulators don't work anymore. The Emulator starts and the, without any noticable reason, Begins to sutting down.

So anyone knows the problem and a solution?

Hanno

2013年12月16日 17:43
  • Hi Mark,

I'm trying to windows phone app development, I'm using visual studio 2013 ultimate edition. But I open the windows phone emulator, windows says "Hyper-V is't on". after I turn on the hyper v in windows feature on off but after restarting my machine getting error "we couldn't complete the feature undoing changes"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj863509(v=vs.105).aspx

I'm used Microsoft documentation but can't find good solution. according to this article, Microsoft says turn off USB 3.0 in the bios and turn on hyper-v in the bios. but my bios screen haven't this features.

my laptop brand Acer e1-572g, OS. windows 8.1 update 1(64bit)

my laptop available hyper v and Hardware SLAT (I checked the hyper-v availability and hardware slat using cpuZ tool and SLAT tool)

Not using antivirus software

SLAT Report   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Kb4ynV1EoTcTV2SzU1bVVHbzg/edit?usp=sharing

CPUZ Report   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Kb4ynV1EoTTUJfWU9PM09TZlk/edit?usp=sharing

DXDIAG   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Kb4ynV1EoTeGMyakU4c2RQRUk/edit?usp=sharing

2014年8月20日 4:19