none
M$ Visual Studio 2011 beta -Standalone Installer - problem

Discuţie generală

• i downloaded all the 7 files avlbl. on m$ site for the stand alone download of the visual studio 11 beta and correspondingly installed it on my system everything got installed except the SDK which when double clicked to install popped error saying You need visual studio to install this..i didnt get wat it is saying ..is it some kind of order i need to maintain while installing or is tht frst i need to have VS 2010 installed on my system (bcoz i m using vs 2010 on xp & i installed 2011 on win7 for obvious reasons) ...the largest file tht was provided with stanalone installer was the shell integrated file ..nd after intsalling the same i got an start menu entry of VS11 but (it is shell integrated environment i suppose) none of the templates are shown in the list of projects.net 4.5 or 4 or ne other...

basically i want  to try my hand on the metro style apps so i need al templates to work n other language support hence using beta vs2011...otherwise vs2010 works smooth as silk for me...

20 martie 2012 16:39

Toate mesajele

• Metro style app development requires the Visual Studio 11 Beta running on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
    20 martie 2012 16:59
    Proprietar
  • Metro style app development requires the Visual Studio 11 Beta running on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

but sir no template of any other language c# vb and windows forms are shown, simply nothing...

n meto style app cant be run on an emulator provided with VS11??...

24 martie 2012 03:56
  • You will need to run the Windows 8 Consumer Preview to do Metro style app development. Windows 7 is not supported.

--Rob

24 martie 2012 04:39
    Proprietar
  • I agree with this.
    3 mai 2012 15:28