none
Associate SmsDevice with MobileBroadbandAccount

Întrebare

• Hello,

How can i associate an SMS device with a MobileBroadbandAccount?

AFAIK MSISDN(Mobile Phone Number) is not necessarily stored in SIM card that s why i can not rely on msisdn. 

Is there an alternative way to associate SmsDevice and MobileBroadbandAccount? 

Thanks

Mehmet

14 aprilie 2012 07:12

Răspunsuri

Toate mesajele

• Mehmet,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

14 aprilie 2012 23:59
  • Mehmet,

It will help to know a little bit more about what you are trying to accomplish. Is this to enable Operator Notification delivered by SMS? That is determined by the rules defined in the provisioning XML (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh770519). For instance, the CarrierId and SubscriberId should be set to what you expect. No other "association" should be necessary--at least for that scenario.

- Kurt

16 aprilie 2012 22:00
  • Hello Kurt,

Assume that you develop a MobileBroadband device app and this app would provide capabilities like sending reading deleting SMSs stored on SIM card.  

Such an app need to distinguish SMS devices, in the case of multiple different operator SIM Cards connected to computer, to identify the SMS device belonging the operator. 

I see that the only common point between SmsDevice and MobileBroadbandAccount is mobile phone number which is not stored on SIM card generally. I expect subscriberID(IMSI) as the common field but it is not. 

I could not check the link you provided, i get a 404 error.

Thank you for your response 

Mehmet

17 aprilie 2012 10:28
  • This functionality in the Windows.Devices.Sms API is only available to mobile operator apps and Metro style apps given privileged access by mobile network operators. For more information see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh852368.aspx.
    5 iunie 2012 02:23