none
I dont see C# while creating new Project in Blend 5 preview.

Respostas

• Hello Akhilesh,

You are not missing anything.  In the Preview, it only supports jscript/html5.  If you create a new C# application in Visual Studio Express 2011 you will get a XAML editor.  You can still edit XAML in Version 4 if you want to install that for now.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    sexta-feira, 21 de outubro de 2011 12:17
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Hello Akhilesh,

You are not missing anything.  In the Preview, it only supports jscript/html5.  If you create a new C# application in Visual Studio Express 2011 you will get a XAML editor.  You can still edit XAML in Version 4 if you want to install that for now.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    sexta-feira, 21 de outubro de 2011 12:17
    Moderador
  • Thanks Jeff,

It means that I have to create my project in VS2011 and then i can open it with Blend 4. because Blend 5 will say "Not a valid Blend project..." 

Akhilesh Bhale

sexta-feira, 21 de outubro de 2011 13:26
  • Sorry I was not clear.  If you develop XAML in Expression Blend 4 you could use that in your project.  You will not be able to open VS 2011 projects in Expression Blend 4.  A guide for moving Expression Blend 4 to VS 2011 is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br229571(v=VS.85).aspx

Right now there is no way to directly use Expression to create Metro Style apps and you would need to either port Expression 4 XAML apps or just stay in VS 2011.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    sexta-feira, 21 de outubro de 2011 14:46
    Moderador
  • Will another preview edition of blend be released that does support xaml for metro style apps? We have written a few apps that we are eager to try to get certified, but our UI guy is not able to port the animations easily... is there someone that can we can reach out to for specific issues with regards to this or are forums our best bet?

-Deva

Deva Wijewickrema
    terça-feira, 8 de novembro de 2011 01:45
  • Stand by for future product announcements!

As far as other problems you are encountering please do open new threads on the forums for them.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    segunda-feira, 14 de novembro de 2011 15:08
    Moderador