none
What kind of a code is Registration Code?

Pergunta

• This question was asked earlier in one of the threads, but got never answered -- When I create an Metro Account for a company based in the US, I get a screen asking for a "Registration code".

What kind of a code should I enter here? US-employer ID? Sales tax taxpayer number?
    what's the format of this number? [how many digits, with/without hyphens?]

Thanks,

Edward Clements

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 15:42

Respostas

• Hi Edward - The registration code is a Microsoft provided token - not something you would create / insert (such as employer ID, tax identification number, etc). 

• Marcado como Resposta Edward Clements segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 11:15
    quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 21:30
    Proprietário

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Edward,

Thank you for your interest in developing apps for the Windows Store. Once Windows 8 is complete, the Store will be open for all developers to register. However, during the early testing phase of the Store we will be working with a hand-picked collection of third party developers. Over time, throughout the pre-release phase, such as Windows 8 Consumer Preview, we will be adding new developers. If you are not currently a registered Windows 8 developer, you will have a chance to potentially join later by attending one of our Windows 8 camps being conducted around the globe starting next month.

Thanks,

Dawn

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 19:06
    Moderador
  • Hey, don't give silly standard/stock answers like you've given in other threads!

I asked "What kind of a code should I enter here? US-employer ID? Sales tax taxpayer number? what's the format of this number? [how many digits, with/without hyphens?]"

If you don't know the answer, what's the use in giving generalised stock-text?

Gr...........

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 20:37
  • Hi Edward - The registration code is a Microsoft provided token - not something you would create / insert (such as employer ID, tax identification number, etc). 

• Marcado como Resposta Edward Clements segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 11:15
    quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 21:30
    Proprietário
  • Matt, thanks for your informative response!

[Sorry for my late reply, I'm in Europe at the moment and it's almost midnight here]

So, I suppose there's no way for us to get hold of a "Registration Code' until Windows 8 becomes commercial, right?
    Even for us Microsoft customers who have been paid MSDN subscribers from Windows 3.1 onwards?

Regards,

Edward

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 22:57
  • Edward - we really appreciate the interest and enthusiasm. You can continue to build and test your apps in advance of the Store opening for broader registration. In the meantime, you can follow this link here or follow updated blog posts to stay informed on registration and other Store updates. 

sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2012 23:29
    Proprietário
  • Hello I am preregistered in one of the courses.  Is there a way for me to get this code prior to my course.  I would like to reserve my app name.
    quinta-feira, 8 de março de 2012 16:30