none
Fixed sample for bug in GroupedGridView sample with SemanticZoom

Domanda

• When you select a group in the zoomed-out (summary) view of the new SemanticZoom control, it does not navigate to the correct group. The old JumpViewer did that correctly. You can easily verify that in the GroupedGridViewSample, scenario 3: switch views and tap on R.

Is this a bug or is there something missing in the sample ?

mercoledì 29 febbraio 2012 21:07

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• I can reproduce this - it seems like a bug in the sample.  I'll check into this a bit more and see if there's a simple fix or if we may need to report it.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator

giovedì 1 marzo 2012 16:04
    Moderatore
  • This is a bug in the sample. I've filed a bug report for this.  Thanks for reporting.

lunedì 5 marzo 2012 20:37
    Moderatore
  • If it is a bug in the sample, can you just provide us the code fix?  Or is it really a bug in the SemanticZoom control?  I am working on a separate project that uses the SemanticZoom control as the central UI functionality and I can not find a way around this issue.  The previous JumpViewer control worked properly.  SemanticZoom is a critical control for Metro applications, can we have a fix soon?
    domenica 11 marzo 2012 10:14
  • I was told that the current sample is supposed to be fixed.  I haven't tried it myself.

martedì 13 marzo 2012 19:55
    Moderatore
  • The XAML grouped data controls sample still mentions 'Last Updated 2/29/2012' and still doesn't work properly...
    martedì 13 marzo 2012 20:12
  • Hi Diederik - I have an updated sample here: 

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=8095b90ae24e3d38&resid=8095B90AE24E3D38!940&parid=8095B90AE24E3D38!939

Please email me directly MSMALL at Microsoft if you have any problems getting this.

giovedì 15 marzo 2012 13:49
    Moderatore
  • Hi Matt,

Thank you for updating the sample. I made the two code changes that I could find to my code and it also synchronizes the views as expected. The code changes are:

1. Changing TargetType="ListViewItem" to TargetType="GridViewItem" on line 40 of ScenarioOutput3.xaml
    2. Changing the StackPanel to a WrapGrid on line 91 of the same file.

When I made these changes to my own code it works.

However, in my real-world application with a real-world amount of data, the grouped view and semantic zoom are slow and become increasingly so as you interact with them. After a while the whole thing will lock up for several seconds while it switches views, or even while attempting to swipe-scroll the main view. 

I modified your sample to have 500 data items by copying and pasting the items in the SampleDataSource file. I also gave many of them new names so that all the letters of the alphabet were represented by fairly large groups of items.

It seems that there may be a memory issue. When I start the application with 500 items, it uses 161MB. After interacting with it for a while, to the point where it might take 20 seconds to switch views, then the application is using nearly 500MB. I tried commenting out the <Image> part of the data template, expecting everything to be zippy with only text. But the performance was the same. While it took longer to get to 500MB, it was still always increasing, and performance was still terrible.

Will this be fixed?

giovedì 15 marzo 2012 16:53
  • When using this the first items snap to the left nicely. However the further into the list I go the more the zoomed-in items go to the right. Also with a regular wrapgrid all items need to be the same size or it will be alot of empty space?

giovedì 15 marzo 2012 20:23
  • Matt, thanks for the update.

dtnorris, thanks for your research:

Changing the StackPanel to a WrapGrid on line 91 of the same file.

This resolved my synchronization issues.

venerdì 16 marzo 2012 09:21
  • I've found this as well and almost a year on, and there is no fix! Please can someone help?
    lunedì 18 febbraio 2013 11:36