none
UI Element like Popover View

Domanda

• Hello everybody, I am looking for what would be the representation of the functionality that a Popover view provides in iOS. Basically, I want the user to make a option which I want to present in a more attractive way (grid). Therefore, I am not using the Combox. Obviously, a blunt copy would not "feel right" in the metro context and I am not a good designer. So my question: What would you suggest? One remark, I don't want to use a full-screen picker.

For those, who don't know what a Popoverview is: http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=popover+view&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=633&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=NoFUT9u2KYuk4ASooJTjDQ

Thanks!

- Paul

lunedì 5 marzo 2012 09:04

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• It sounds like the analogous behavior for Metro style apps is the flyout. See Guidelines and checklist for Flyouts to see if they fit your usage.

Since the specific controls are language dependent it would help to know which language and Ui framework you are using and we can move you to the right forum.

That said, if you're using JavaScript then see the Flyout control and Flyout sample and Quickstart: adding a Flyout. If you're using Xaml then look at the Popup control.

--Rob

• Contrassegnato come risposta Paul_X lunedì 5 marzo 2012 10:21
    lunedì 5 marzo 2012 09:36
    Proprietario
  • Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply, I am using XAML/C++/D2D (interop) for my UI stack. The Popup control looks promissing. I will try it. However, I am kind of sad that the documentation is so sparse for XAML developers (no examples/guidelines). I understand that Windows Team wants to attract HTML5 developers but I really hope we are going to get equal love soon :)

- Paul

lunedì 5 marzo 2012 10:09