none
Windows Store Developer Accounts

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your interest developing Metro Apps for the Windows Store.  We are also very excited about the Windows Store and Metro Style Apps.  You will be able to register for a Windows Store developer account and submit apps if you live OR operate a business in the countries/regions listed in the table for Developer Account Countries/Regions section in the link below. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694064.aspx#account_countries

Thanks,

Dawn

• Contrassegnato come risposta Adrian Trif venerdì 23 dicembre 2011 21:18
    venerdì 23 dicembre 2011 21:04
  • Thanks for the reply, Dawn.

How come Romania is not on that list? I'm sure there are plenty of developers in Romania who would like to create & publish apps in the store.

It's certainly a lot more difficult and risky for me to set up a business in a foreign country just to publish an app on the store. I don't understand the reason for not allowing us to publish like the other countries...we certainly have the broadband connectivity to do it and we have Microsoft Romania, a local branch of Microsoft.

Is it a legal issue or maybe a banking issue? It just doesn't seem fair to me. Is there no way to put Romania on that list?

• Modificato Adrian Trif venerdì 23 dicembre 2011 21:37
    venerdì 23 dicembre 2011 21:27
  • Hi Adrian,

We will soon be blogging about this topic. Please check the blog for the Windows Store to see updates on this topic.

Thanks

Dawn

martedì 27 dicembre 2011 18:54
  • Hi Dawn,

I'll keep an eye on the blog.

Hope there will be a solution soon.

Thanks!
    martedì 27 dicembre 2011 19:03
  • Good to see a fellow Romanian developer excited about Windows 8. 

I hope we'll get to see an update sooner rather than later.

martedì 10 gennaio 2012 13:27
  • What do I need to register for the app store?

Did I only need a .NET developer account or is there something other too?

When could we register for the app store?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Roman80

giovedì 23 febbraio 2012 12:23
  • Hi Roman,

When Windows 8 is available, you will be able to register for a Windows Store developer account and submit apps if you live or operate a business in a country or region listed in this table.  When you create a developer account you will have two choices: 

1. Register as an individual: This is appropriate when you have not formed a business entity specifically for the purpose of developing and selling apps. This requires that you live in one of the developer markets that the Windows Store supports.
    2. Register as a company: This is appropriate if you have a business entity specifically for the purpose of developing and selling apps. You must have the business registered in one of the developer markets that the Windows Store supports. We verify the identity of every business.

The annual registration fee in the table is what it costs to register for your Windows Store developer account for a year. Additionally, if you intend to sell paid apps or plan to use the Windows Store’s in-app purchase platform, you must specify how you want to receive payments. The payment methods available depend on the market you register from. You are also required to submit the necessary electronic tax forms to receive payment from Microsoft.

For more details on developer accounts, please see the Global Reach blog, the Developer accounts and app submission markets section of Windows Store markets, and the App Developer Agreement.

Thanks,

Dawn

lunedì 27 febbraio 2012 20:55
  • Dawn,

When will we be able to open a developer account. One currently needs a registration code in order to register. I thought it would open today with the Consumer Preview release.

Thanks!

mercoledì 29 febbraio 2012 20:21
  • Hi all,

Once Windows 8 is complete, the Store will be open for all developers to register. However, during the early testing phase of the Store, such as Windows 8 Consumer Preview, we will be working with a hand-picked collection of third party developers. Over time, throughout the pre-release phase, we will be adding new developers. If you are not currently a registered Windows 8 developer, you will have a chance to potentially join later by attending one of our Windows 8 camps being conducted around the globe starting next month.

Thanks,

Dawn

giovedì 1 marzo 2012 00:02
  • How about you let published Windows Phone developers in?  Pretty please?
    giovedì 1 marzo 2012 01:36
  • Hi!

It will be important for us to reserve the name of our app asap. However, today the store only allows registration from people/companies in the US , france, and a handful of countries but not Canada, is there any way I can still register the name?

thanks!

giovedì 1 marzo 2012 12:20
  • Hi,

Thank you for your question.  You cannot reserve an app name unless you are a registered developer for the Windows Store and the Windows Store will be open for all developers to register once Windows 8 is complete.

Thanks,

Dawn

giovedì 1 marzo 2012 19:01
  • Hi Dawn,

When will Canada be listed as an option when configuring my account type?

https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/en-US/Account/Signup/SelectAccountType

giovedì 1 marzo 2012 23:59
  • Can we only submit metro style apps or normal windows apps too?

When will Austria be listed as an option when configuring my account type at (https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/de-DE/Account/Signup/SelectAccountType), because Germany is already on the list.

• Modificato Roman80 sabato 3 marzo 2012 21:25
    sabato 3 marzo 2012 21:23
  • So we'll have to wait until October until we can submit apps? That means we have 8 months to make them?

I live in the UK.

giovedì 8 marzo 2012 14:55
  • Hi Roman,

This thread should answer the Windows app question you have.

Joe

mercoledì 14 marzo 2012 15:34
  • Hi Dawn, 

Please consider Indonesia, so we can register as Windows 8 developer account.

Thanks

Yusak Setiawan

giovedì 15 marzo 2012 14:43
  • Hi, I'm a Developer from Philippines, I'd like to have my country listed aswell, and hopefully Local Banks Accounts, will be accepted (ATM, Credit Card, Debit ) etc... I'm really excited with the new platform!

Thank you very much

giovedì 22 marzo 2012 03:33
  • Hi,

Please reconsider Romania for the developer countries. There are a lot of great companies that would like to submit their products in the store.

Thanks

Bogdan

martedì 19 giugno 2012 08:08
  • I don't get it. A few weeks ago came the announcement that 180 countries will be eligible to publish apps for Windows Phone and now with Windows 8 we see the old Windows Phone supported countries list ??? Is this a joke?

P.S. I am from Bulgaria and there are quite a lot guys here writing both Phone and Win 8 apps

venerdì 13 luglio 2012 10:32
  • I live in Ukraine, and my country too, not in the list. I was very sad. I am willing to pay for a subscription. But I can not do that. I do not want to wait half a year (or as much time unknown) until I had the opportunity to register - perhaps because of this I will lose my money because late with the publication of my application. In my opinion it's not fair to other software developers. By the way the same story with Marketplace for windows phone! I have long been some great ideas for applications that will undoubtedly require all owners of phones with Windows Phone. But then again, I can not log in from the Ukraine ... It turns out that in order for me to properly develop applications I need to emigrate to Russia. In my opinion it's not fair! By the way on a Microsoft conference said that Ukraine has the most developers, then I have a question for which you do not think about them?

Regards Кonstantine

giovedì 19 luglio 2012 13:39
  • Hi Dawn,

I am from Bolivia, and I am very exited to develop Windows 8 Apps. So, when Windows 8 and Windows Store are available, I would like to know if I will be able to:

• Register as an Individual Windows Store Developer
    • Submit and sell Windows Apps in the Windows Store
    • Receive the payments for the Apps sold in the Windows Store

Regards,

Cimar

lunedì 23 luglio 2012 21:53
  • Hi,

I am from Macedonia, and i would like to develop and sell apps in Windows Store but my country is not listed in the countries list. I have few friends who are planing to do this from this country but as i see it's not possible? Is there information if Macedonia will enter in developer list for Windows Store?

Regards,

venerdì 17 agosto 2012 13:24
  • Hi Emrah,

There is no further information at the moment. However you can keep checking this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694064.aspx#account_countries link that Dawn Provided above and pay attention to the Building Windows 8 Blog for any updates.

thanks,

venerdì 17 agosto 2012 15:43
  • Hi, I'm a developer from Maldives and I really want to publish my apps. please list my country for the store developer account.

thanks,

lunedì 29 ottobre 2012 19:30
  • Why not dear!

You can Do it by just having a DreamSpark Account.

lunedì 5 novembre 2012 16:37
  • Hi, I am from Lebanon and my country is also not listed. I hope that it will be listed soon...

AAK

venerdì 28 dicembre 2012 20:04
  • Where is Cyprus, i want to submit a metro app to the store
    venerdì 15 marzo 2013 23:38