none
Unable to validate a Metro-style application on Win8 community preview x64

Question

• Hi All!

I have the following trouble: my metro-style application on the community preview x64 does not get validated by the appcert. The application gets deployed successfully and is running fine.

Appcert says that "The Windows App Certification Kit cannot continue testing since the specified Me
    tro style App was not found. Please verify that the packagefullname is correct.".

I tried the following:

1. Create a new Metro Style Grid Application with XAML/C#. 

2. Create a package using Store->Create App Package then validate it from Visual Studio - the application was not found.

Then i tried to get the list of the applications by callig the powershell Get-AppxPackage >out.txt, then i found the full package name of my application and ran the appcert from the command line.

Output from the powershell command:

Name            : TestPackage.Manifest
    Publisher       : CN=Ali.000
    Architecture    : Neutral
    ResourceId      :
    Version         : 1.0.0.0
    PackageFullName : TestPackage.Manifest_1.0.0.0_neutral__ar95b2vbnzzyw
    InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\TestPackage.Manifest_1.0.0.0_neu
                      tral__ar95b2vbnzzyw
    IsFramework     : False

Console appcert example:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" reset
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" test -apptype metrostyle -packagefullname TestPackage.Manifest_1.0.0.0_neutral__ar95b2vbnzzyw -reportoutputpath "c:\projects\source\report.xml"

But the error is still the same: the application is not found.

I've launched the appcertui.exe and was unable to see only Ms applications like the Bing finance.

I'm also able to validate the Bing Finance application from console.

Please advise.

Aliaksandr

mardi 10 avril 2012 13:02

Réponses

• hello Aliaksandr,

could you check the following

1) Open a powershell window
    2) Do a “Get-AppxPackage > out.txt”
    3) Open out.txt and look at InstallLocation field of all the apps installed.
    4) For the apps whose InstallLocation is blank, do a “Remove-AppxPackage <packageFullName>”

There is a bug with the Consumer Preview list where the appcertkitui doesn't list all the packages installed if it encounters a package with a blank Installlocation.

much appreciated,

mike

mardi 10 avril 2012 20:38

Toutes les réponses

• hello Aliaksandr,

could you check the following

1) Open a powershell window
    2) Do a “Get-AppxPackage > out.txt”
    3) Open out.txt and look at InstallLocation field of all the apps installed.
    4) For the apps whose InstallLocation is blank, do a “Remove-AppxPackage <packageFullName>”

There is a bug with the Consumer Preview list where the appcertkitui doesn't list all the packages installed if it encounters a package with a blank Installlocation.

much appreciated,

mike

mardi 10 avril 2012 20:38
  • Great thanks, this helped me. Now i have another problem: all the apps fail launch and suspend tests with the following error:

Exception:  Infrastructure Error: Timeout occurred during testing while running C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\..\Windows Performance Toolkit\xperf.exe.  Please consider re-running the test and  avoid interacting with the application while tests are running.

I've submitted a separate thread on this.

Aliaksandr

jeudi 12 avril 2012 06:35