none
ControlChannelTrigger in JavaScript - Future or Never?

Question

• Hello. I am making a metro app in HTML5/JavaScript with StreamSocket connections to server. Now i am using something like this:

function x() {
      var reader = new Windows.Storage.Streams.DataReader(socket.inputStream);
      reader.loadAsync(4).then(function (nbytes) {
         //reading data
         x();
      }
    }

Now, i wanted to rewrite it using Background Tasks. But, only one trigger allow real-time reading: ControlChannelTrigger, and he is: "Note  The ControlChannelTrigger class is not supported in a Metro style app built for Windows using JavaScript."

Is it only temporary to Customer Preview and it will be support in some next patch, or it will be never supported?

And if not, is it possible to somehow make backogrund task using StreamSocket without this trigger?(maybe TimeTrigger and 10second refresh, but it will be very uneffective)

samedi 10 mars 2012 15:37

Réponses

• Hi Rax,

The note is correct.  We cannot comment on what functionality may or may not be in future versions.  You cannot have the background task on a 10 second timer trigger.  15 minutes is the smallest time interval allowed.  If you need to use ControlChannelTrigger you will need to write your application in a language that it is supported in.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

mardi 13 mars 2012 11:37
    Modérateur