none
Appcert even fails on command line with exception

Pregunta

• C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit>appcert reset
    Windows App Certification Kit
    (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Welcome to Windows App Certification Kit.

This kit will help validate application compliance with Windows App Certificatio
    n requirements.
    For best results please run this kit on a clean install of Windows. Also make su
    re all tests are run in the same session - reboots and/or log off will be record
    ed as failures.
    Please ensure that you have run your application(s) at least once and dismissed
    license agreements and first-time prompts to avoid unnecessary failures while te
    sting.
    Please run 'appcert reset' before start of a new validation.

For more information, please run APPCERT.EXE /?

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'EPİLOG' was not
    found.
       at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase,
    EnumResult& parseResult)
       at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Shared.EnumPhaseMap.MapPhaseStringToPhase(S
    tring phaseName)
       at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.ExecutionDriver.ExecutionProgress.ReadProgr
    ess()
       at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.ExecutionDriver.Execution.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.CommandLine.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit>

--------------------------------

GUI version of it also doesn't open anymore!

It's really so hard to develop&learn for Windows 8 in these situations.

• Editado ELRaymod sábado, 14 de abril de 2012 17:25
    sábado, 14 de abril de 2012 17:05

Todas las respuestas

• Please try the following:

- Brows to %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\AppCertKit folder

- Delete *.*

- If any file in this folder is locked then use Process Explorer to see which process is holding it, kill that process to delete the file

- Launch Windows App Certification Kit from the start screen

lunes, 16 de abril de 2012 4:24
  • When i delete the contents of the folder, it no longer fails at the beginning. But on the "Logging results" step, CertKit fails without any details and it exits. I have to delete the contents again to run the validation process again..

Even trying to validate existing applications fail in the same way.. I have to look into the certkit folder to inspect files manually.

Why can't i complete validation of anything?

lunes, 16 de abril de 2012 6:33