none
Password Vault returns an Empty String for Password Field

Question

• I implemeted authenticaion using Passwordvault . On retrieving vault, I did get userName but password was an empty string.

I though that I might be doing something wrong. So I played with Passwordvault Sample and I am facing the same situation. I replace this code in sample for scenario 1 

var creds = vault.findAllByResource("Scenario 1");
    document.getElementById("Scenario1WelcomeMessage").value = "Welcome to Scenario 1, " + creds.getAt(0).userName;

with

var creds = vault.findAllByResource("Scenario 1");
    document.getElementById("Scenario1WelcomeMessage").value = "Welcome to Scenario 1, " + creds.getAt(0).password;

but returns an empty string.

In other words, password field in the object is empty.

So what is wrong here. On a side note, Credential Manager in Control Panel does show the password.

Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:50 PM

Answers

• By chance, I have figured it out that to Retrieve the Password, you actually need to use retrieve method of vault which requires Resource and User Name
    cred = vault.retrieve("Scenario 1","umair");

Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:59 PM

All replies

• By chance, I have figured it out that to Retrieve the Password, you actually need to use retrieve method of vault which requires Resource and User Name
    cred = vault.retrieve("Scenario 1","umair");

Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Omg, thnx!
    I've had the same problem for a couple of hours now. Not too easy to find the answer..
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:18 PM