none
My app is not working on win 8.1

Question

• My app works fine in windows8 but it is not working in windows 8.1 and i have used Webview control in my app.

Now what changes should i do, so that i can make it work on windows 8.1 also?

OR

Do i have option to list my app only to windows 8 users?

OR

I heard that they had made some changes in webview control in windows 8.1, and if i Build my project in 8.1 will it be fine ?

AND 

will it have backward compatibility ?(i mean, will it work on 8 if i make it work on 8.1 ?)

Pradeep AJ

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/c68cd3d3-c6a6-42c0-b13e-62b79da5c85d/getting-started-what-versions-of-visual-studio-and-windows-do-i-need-to-write-an-app-for-windows?forum=winappswithcsharp for links on updating.

Without more details on what doesn't work we cant provide more specific help

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:53 PM
  • I found that the problem is with my WebView control.

The following line of code gives me the error

webview.NavigateToString("<html></");

(On execution of this line, the LoadCompleted Event is not at all firing, BUT it is working fine in windows8 )

I predict that  the problem is with the character '/' but i dont know how to get rid of it.

And also how do i get notified when the "WebView cannot be Loaded" with the given string(by using NavigateToString() )

Thanks

Pradeep AJ

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:54 PM
  • You cannot navigate to invalid HTML.  Try a valid HTML document string and that should work fine. <HTML>somestuff</HTML>

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Do I have any method of getting notified when the HTML content is invalid? My requirement is I have to render when user types, in that case there may b some error. Any suggestions to accomplish my task?

Pradeep AJ

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:36 PM
  • As you might have found as well, LoadCompleted is deprecated (as well as NavigationFailed). NavigationCompleted is the common event that is supposed to carry the error info as props "IsSuccess" and "WebErrorStatus".

However, I also didn't see this being called. So, my best guest is, either you verify your HTML against (rather stricter) XML validator or use a flag that is set success in "DOMContentLoaded" or "NavigationCompleted" event, so that absence of these calls could be used.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:00 PM