none
Background download always get the cached file in ~\AC\INetCache with file transfer protocal

Question

• Hi all,

As the title, Is there any way to clear the cached file in \AC\INetCache ?

Regards.

Monday, August 27, 2012 6:27 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry, not programmatically.  Uninstalling the app will clear the cache.  This is a known limitation.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:44 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry, not programmatically.  Uninstalling the app will clear the cache.  This is a known limitation.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Thanks
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Hi all,

I am facing the same issue. Are there any updates or workarounds on this? Or will it be possible to clear the cache programmatically in the future?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:31 PM
  • Nothing has changed at this time.  I can't comment on future releases.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I face a similar issue while streaming audio, the cache keeps increasing. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:37 PM
  • no.... got the same issue with my app webradio. really hope its fixed soon. 8.1pleeeasseee

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Sunday, June 16, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Thanks Dave,

I just installed Windows 8.1 and streaming, let's see how it goes... I will post the result here. In case you're also testing this please let me know your result.

Groet, Niels.

Friday, June 28, 2013 8:35 AM
  • it still caching...

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, June 28, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Same here, disappointing...
    Friday, June 28, 2013 11:11 AM