none
Windows 8 Sound:No audio devices are installed

Question

• Hi

1. speaker icon with red cross: mouseover; the audio service is not running

2. control panel/hardware&sound/sound: mouseclick: audio service is not running - enable windows audio service? YES!

3. Sound Tab pops up: Playback/Recording both state "No audio devices are installed".

4. Device Manager: Sound, video and game controllers:

Creative SB Audigy 4 (WDM) - (though it's actually and Audigy 2 and, yes, I have tried numerous other/correct drivers.

PnP Audio Device

SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (for good measure via usb to test)

Manager states all are working and up to date...

Granted it's an old machine...

kindest

Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:23 PM

Answers

• Hi pils schouler,

Are you currently running the Developer Preview or the Consumer Preview?

For Consumer Preview questions, please see the answers.microsoft forums for hardware and driver issues.

• Marked as answer by John-P Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:56 PM
    Monday, March 05, 2012 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi pils schouler,

Are you currently running the Developer Preview or the Consumer Preview?

For Consumer Preview questions, please see the answers.microsoft forums for hardware and driver issues.

• Marked as answer by John-P Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:56 PM
    Monday, March 05, 2012 6:03 PM
  • ah, CP...I'll have a look at answer.microsoft, thanks.
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Nothing there that helps.  Microsoft support for those who are willing to help with their beta test is substantially non-existent.
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 1:33 AM
  • I have the exact same issue .. and can't find anything that helps .. beyond irritating.

Treo 750, Mobile 6.0

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:23 AM
  • Hi GuessZoo,

Have you already posted your question within the http://www.answers.microsoft.com forums?

Please take a look at this thread that may assist you.  If this does not resolve your issue and you haven’t already posted a question, this would be a good place to do so.

Joe-

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:40 PM
  • What i did to solve this issue was, download the audio driver from the manufacturer site ( not windows 8 driver yet, but i used the one for windows seven/vista) and the went to device manager and update manually the driver. NOTE: windows legend was " last driver is the best one " 

So update manually and i hope you fix it. Regards!!!

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:53 PM