none
Windows 8 PopUp

Question

•   Hi All,

I am developing an application in Windows 8 , In which it contains So many popups of differnt sizes.

please help me how can i make popup of two pages, I am confusing with UI design,what rules i have to follow while designing popups.

I am creating page and assign that page to popup child.

how can I close popup when tap outside the popup.

how much opacity i have to decrease in background ?

I only handle all these cases?

can I put background image to popup?

last but not least , how can I scroll popup up words while entering text in textblock ,located in down the page?(opening keyboard covers the page) 

Thank you.

• Edited by SARVESH.RVN Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:13 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Matt Small,

I got the solution, I understand why my popup elements lost focus, I am Creating Popups in code behind its the problem, if I created in Xaml , the elements get focus automatically.

And I found IsLightDismissEnabled property to close popup while tap outside the popup.

and Now Where I struck was in flipView...In flipView the textbox in the down of flipviewItem,lost focus while tapping,i.e keypad opens on the textbox(covering flipViewItem)..please help me how can I focus textblock in flipviewItem(I used Grid inside  flipviewitem) .

Thank You.

• Marked as answer by SARVESH.RVN Friday, July 26, 2013 9:30 AM
    • Edited by SARVESH.RVN Friday, July 26, 2013 9:31 AM hello hi
    Friday, July 26, 2013 9:30 AM

All replies

• Your question is confusing.  I don't know what you mean by "creating page and assign that page to popup child".  What is the purpose of these popups? 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:10 PM
  •  Hi Matt Small,

First I am Creating One userControl, ex EmergencyControl

(public sealed partial class EmergencyControl: UserControl)

second creating instance

EmergencyControlem ergencyCntrl= new EmergencyControl();

and at last  I am assigning this object to popup

Popup popup;

if (popup == null)
                {
                 popup = new Popup();
                 popup.Child = emergencyUsrCntrl;

}

Is this procedure is false?

Thank you.

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:43 AM
  • Hi Matt Small,

I got the solution, I understand why my popup elements lost focus, I am Creating Popups in code behind its the problem, if I created in Xaml , the elements get focus automatically.

And I found IsLightDismissEnabled property to close popup while tap outside the popup.

and Now Where I struck was in flipView...In flipView the textbox in the down of flipviewItem,lost focus while tapping,i.e keypad opens on the textbox(covering flipViewItem)..please help me how can I focus textblock in flipviewItem(I used Grid inside  flipviewitem) .

Thank You.

• Marked as answer by SARVESH.RVN Friday, July 26, 2013 9:30 AM
    • Edited by SARVESH.RVN Friday, July 26, 2013 9:31 AM hello hi
    Friday, July 26, 2013 9:30 AM