none
Could not resolve COM reference, keep getting this error

Question

• Hello guys,

At the moment I am working on a Windows form application writen in C#. Now I want to make a Report with crystal. But when I´m trying to run the application in debug mode I keep getting this error: 

Error 8 Could not resolve COM reference "6ae44ff1-eccf-4a72-96ce-95bcd1ea2097" version 13.0. The type library importer encountered an error during type verification. Try importing without class members. ExceltoAccess

I do know it is the REPORTRENDERERLib.dl Reference.

What could this be, I've been searching litteraly for 2 hours straight and couldn'd find anything usefull.

I've installed: SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework (64-bit) &

SAP Crystal Reports version 13.0.6.2027 for Visual Studio 2010

I also have tried to change the targetframwork in VS and also the Build Platform, please some help guys.

Thanks in Advance

Monday, September 02, 2013 11:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• The error you're getting is that the type library contained a type that couldn't be imported.  The first thing to confirm is that you are compiling for x86 and that you have installed the x86 version of CR.  You probably shouldn't be using x64 unless your app really needs access to all that memory and you don't want to support x86. 

The next thing you should do is create a simple win app and add a CR to it and confirm it runs.  CR should be an option in the New Item dialog after you've installed the VS extension (IIRC).  Therefore you shouldn't need to add any additional components after that.

Michael Taylor
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

Monday, September 02, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Hi bavso,

Maybe you'll get more efficient responses in Crystal Report forum.

Caillen
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Set your Framework to 4.0, not the client version . you can get more help from below thread:

http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/178150/The-type-or-namespace-name-CrystalDecisions-could

If my post is helpful,please help to vote as helpful, if my post solve your question, please help to make it as answer. My sample

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:08 AM