none
what is the wp7 pivot control equivalent in win 8?

Question

• i am looking for the wp7 pivot control equivalent for a win 8 app.. for xaml based c# implementation of certain tabbed sections of data.. please let me know if it is available..

if not, what other controls come close to it?

Cheers, He Man
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:14 AM

Answers

• The Pivot Control (as well as several SL/WPF controls) are not integrated in the current build.  You can create a new C# Metro - Grid Application to get a similar setup as the Pivot control using the new GridView control.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:36 PM

All replies

• The Pivot Control (as well as several SL/WPF controls) are not integrated in the current build.  You can create a new C# Metro - Grid Application to get a similar setup as the Pivot control using the new GridView control.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:36 PM
  • I don't know if that's the Pivot Raja meant - the WP7 pivot control is the equivalent of a tab control, not a grid or list view. Raja, most of the ones I've seen so far have had to create their own: I don't know of an existing control to accomplish this.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:06 PM
  • thanks Bayprince & Ted for the replies.

yes Ted, i am talking about the pivot control that you see in your Outlook App of WP7. (the tab heads being, all, unread, flagged etc.) for the moment, i am using the FlipView control in my Win 8 App.. it is tablet friendly in that, the 2 thumbs come into the picture.. with the downside (for my requirements) that the user has no indication of the next tab/view, without actually sliding or navigating to it.

but so far, in the absence of the pivot control, i'm good with the FlipView control.

Cheers!
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:01 PM