none
FatalExecutionEngineError, error code 0x80131544

Question

• I'm getting this error with about 90% consistency when loading some JavaScript inside a WebView and using ScriptNotify. Here's a repro: http://shark.arktronic.com/CrashRepro.zip

The issue does not seem to happen when the loaded JavaScript is surrounded by sane HTML markup.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I take back what I said about sane markup. The issue actually occurs when the code is NOT recompiled from scratch. In other words, when I delete the obj and bin directories, upon first run, everything works perfectly. However, re-running the app, doing a clean+build or just changing some code will all cause this error to pop up.

EDIT 2: If the ScriptNotify event is not hooked up, everything works. Something is going wrong with the ScriptNotify mechanism.

EDIT 3: This issue happens only if the WebView is instantiated from a Class project and does not "touch" the UI project. If the WebView is created as an App.xaml resource and accessed from the Class project, everything works. Same if it's instantiated in the Class project, but added to Application.Current.Resources[]. When it's instantiated inside the Class, and then accessed from the UI project, sometimes it works and sometimes it crashes (timing issue maybe?)

• Edited by Arktronic Monday, August 20, 2012 12:05 AM
    Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:10 PM

All replies

• I'm checking this out.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, August 20, 2012 5:54 PM
  • It does seem like a timing issue.  I was able to reproduce it consistently in your application.  I created a new blank project, then added a reference to the CrashRepro project and ran it.  It does not crash at all, so the concept of adding the WebView via a non-Ui project seems fine.  Can you explain exactly what's going on in this application when you are trying to instantiate the webview -  meaning, what is the workflow here?

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:39 PM
  • Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. What I need to do is, upon startup of the app, instantiate a WebView in a non-UI project (e.g., class project) and have it be fully functional - including ScriptNotify and all.

ARKconcepts.com | @Arktronic

Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:00 PM
  • What you're asking for works.  Create a new blank project, add a reference to your CrashRepro project, and instantiate a CrashRepro object in your blank project.  Run.  It works fine.  There's something odd about the project you sent, some kind of timing issue. 

Monday, August 27, 2012 1:05 PM
  • I tried what you said, and it worked on the first try. However, when I ran it again, it crashed in the same way - just like I said in my first edit in the first post. Where are you instantiating the CrashRepro project? Could I possibly see your code?

ARKconcepts.com | @Arktronic

Saturday, September 01, 2012 3:42 PM
  • Send me an email, I will respond with the project.  MSMALL at Microsoft

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:14 PM
  • I get the same question. If you hava good answer, please send my email.hfpf@live.cn.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:08 AM