none
Start Screen background as my metro apps background

Question

• I got no idea on design what background for my apps user,

but is that possible to do in this way,

So far, start screen background is customizable, means they like their setting

how can i, use the start screen background they did setup and implement become my apps background as well ?

my language is C#

Thank you for reply =D

Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:07 AM

Answers

• Metro style apps cannot query the start screen background color.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Spencerlim Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:19 AM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:43 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Metro style apps cannot query the start screen background color.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Spencerlim Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:19 AM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:43 AM
    Owner
  • Oops, Too bad @.@ i though there are some way to make it look nicer and allow developer to wisely use the resources
    Anyway, Thank you for reply

Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:19 AM
  • Is this likely to change in the near future? (i'm asking since this is possible on windowsphone and i'd expect these systems to behave more similar in the future - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff769545(v=vs.92).aspx)

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:29 AM
  • I'd also like the ability to discover this colour, simply because it makes it impossible to get your Settings flyouts looking consistent without it. The Permissions flyout is provided by the system, and it always uses the configured system background colour, but there's no way to make any additional custom flyouts you add follow suit.

The built-in apps suffer from this too - run the Maps app, open the Settings charm, choose Permissions. Notice that the title of the flyout has whatever background colour you've configured for your system (the same as the background for the settings charm itself). Now open the Settings charm again and choose Options. Notice that now, no matter what colour you've configured your system to use, it'll be a dark bluish colour - #291a56. If you happen to have configured a dark blue system background it won't be obvious, but mine's green, and the result is inconsistent.

It just looks a bit weird to have one of the settings panels looking different from all the rest. So that's why it would be useful to be able to discover this colour at runtime.

Friday, August 09, 2013 1:07 PM