none
recording audio not work on Windows 8

Answers

• Where are you setting this file name? What is the exact code?

The only places I see in the sample where files are created are in the Videos library and the Pictures library, not the Music library. For example, the following line from the sample creates a file "cameraCapture.m4a" in the Videos library.

Windows.Storage.KnownFolders.videosLibrary.createFileAsync("cameraCapture.m4a", Windows.Storage.CreationCollisionOption.generateUniqueName).done( ... ) ;

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Monday, February 04, 2013 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:02 AM

All replies

• I used the same development machine for testing using simulator. Does it requires a tablet to be functioning?

When I use file name "test.mp3", the file is created under "C:\Users\[mylogin-name]\Music\". If I use file name "/music/test.mp3", then I could not find the file.

So if starting the file name with "/", where is the file created?

Jennifer

Monday, January 28, 2013 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

Microsoft.SDKSamples.MediaCapture.JS requires architecture ARM. Please have a check.

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 28, 2013 8:57 AM
  • Thanks for your response. 

No, it does not require ARM with my test. 

The sample DOES WORK on a Sumsung Tablet with Win8 installed. So I should test on the tablet then. 

What about the question on where the file is located - I found it this time with the testing on the tablet. if creating the file with name like "test.mp3", it goes to the [my music] "\users\[login]\music". if using file name like "/test.mp3" or "temp/record.mp3", it emits an error. 

so I should only specify the file name. 

Jennifer 

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:15 PM
  • Where are you setting this file name? What is the exact code?

The only places I see in the sample where files are created are in the Videos library and the Pictures library, not the Music library. For example, the following line from the sample creates a file "cameraCapture.m4a" in the Videos library.

Windows.Storage.KnownFolders.videosLibrary.createFileAsync("cameraCapture.m4a", Windows.Storage.CreationCollisionOption.generateUniqueName).done( ... ) ;

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Monday, February 04, 2013 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:02 AM
  • I used the Media Capture sample above, and did make a change in the code you mentioned above: changed  "Windows.Storage.KnownFolders.videosLibrary.createFileAsync()" to "Windows.Storage.KnownFolders.musicLibrary.createFileAsync()".

After that, it worked.

Jennifer 

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:03 PM