none
Tried to Update App and it is Stuck in Not Submitted Status

Question

• Hello Guys,

I tried to update my APP and when I hit Update App button some error occurred. I didn't get a chance to update anything and now my App is stuck into "Not Submitted" status.

Also there is no option to delete the app which is normally available for any kind of update.

This interface for App submission is really a frustrating experience for developers.

Please Advice.

Keeper Team

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We have some examples that we're currently reviewing and have filed a bug with Engineering. 

We apologize for the issue and will post an update as soon as we have one!

Thanks

Jo

Jo T Smith

Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:02 PM

All replies

• No one here can fix it.

The first time it happened to me last year it took 9 weeks before I could finally update it.

The second time, which happened the same day the first one was finally fixed, took 1 week to fix, but only because I had direct assistance.

I can see it is still broken.  Moral of the story: don't update.  Works for me.

• Proposed as answer by Dancer Lee Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:38 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 9:33 PM
  • Same problem here.
    I have 3 apps stuck into "Not Submitted" status.

• Proposed as answer by Dancer Lee Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:38 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Does anybody from Microsoft support look at these forums???

So many common problems with App Submissions and updates. Come on microsft, you guys can do better job than this.

Please reply or direct us to proper channel.

Thanks

Keeper Team

Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:29 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue andd it happened just after  I tried to update my app: error and then I have that status "Not Submitted"

JP

Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:14 PM
  • I have the same issue right now.  This is a real problem...

-- Arian T. Kulp | Visual C# MVP | http://www.ariankulp.com Please remember to mark as helpful, or mark as answer if this helps you!

Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:51 PM
  • We have two apps in this state.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:43 AM
  • Same here!
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:16 AM
  • I have the exact same problem. I submitted a support request too but have heard nothing yet. Yikes. I really want to get my update out.

"MC"

Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:36 PM
  • I have two apps stuck in this state. This is just ridiculous.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:37 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem: an app that has not been submitted, and when I open it through the dashboard there is no Update or Delete links, so I am completely blocked from adding a XAP and completing a submission.

Help!

Sunday, March 17, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We have some examples that we're currently reviewing and have filed a bug with Engineering. 

We apologize for the issue and will post an update as soon as we have one!

Thanks

Jo

Jo T Smith

Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:02 PM
  • Can we get notified when this issue is resolved?
    Monday, March 18, 2013 12:36 AM
  • Same issue occurred with my app (30 Day Challenge), sent a ticket and awaiting reply. Thanks for letting us know it is being worked at.

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:29 AM
  • I'm now having this stuck issue too (IDOS app).

I can't believe Microsoft is so incompetent.

The developer dashboard sucks big time.

Also there is no way to delete (as in never see the entry again) an older project.

Get your shit together Microsoft, things are serious out there

Monday, March 18, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Same issue, very frustrating!
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:40 PM
  • Wow. Chill man.. It will get fixed! It's frustrating, but life goes on!

Peace.

-- Arian T. Kulp | Visual C# MVP | http://www.ariankulp.com Please remember to mark as helpful, or mark as answer if this helps you!

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:44 PM
  • FYI,

I have an app that has passed certification, submission, etc.  Its Ready to Publish but I cannot publish it, get an error back in the dashboard.  So the issue is not just for certain states.

FYI the error message is:

"Can't publish

Can't publish at the moment. Try again later."

Paul Marques - Lead developer @Bytemarq
    http://www.bytemarq.com
    #NoteboxPro - http://www.noteboxpro.co.uk
    If my post/reply answers your question then please mark it as Answered. Thank you.

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Wow. Chill man.. It will get fixed! It's frustrating, but life goes on!

Peace.

It has been 5 days since I'm stuck in this situation. I'm sorry to be in a hurry that my app update is published.

"Life goes on" does not apply for me in this case.

Furthermore you can't afford to post this response seeing what you wrote last Saturday (see above: "I have the same issue right now.  This is a real problem...").

This is not a problem man, "Life goes on"!

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Dang, should have checked here first. Last night I successfully updated one app, but then when starting to update another got some error and now the same problem: there are no Update or Delete links, so I am blocked from adding a XAP and completing a submission.
    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Can anybody from Microsoft give some ETA when it will be resolved?

Keeper Team

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:52 PM
  • I don't understand what the holdup is. I have five apps stuck in this state. It doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to create a temporary fix until the programmers come back from vacation; simply allow users to delete their submissions (included "unsubmitted" ones) at any time. Presto!
    Monday, March 18, 2013 5:43 PM
  • I also had the problem. How solve the problem? Because I need update my app to provider new features. thank you.

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:11 PM
  • I have the same issue, screen-shot below.  The app has over 200k downloads so like to update this soon...

F1 Calendar 2011
    You should be able to find all the details about your app here. Click the relevant tab below to see info about the published status of your app, pricing, reviews, and other interesting info.
    If you have questions about the certification process, and the different stages, you can find detailed info here.
    Current submission
    XAP name
    Version
    OS
    Resolution
    Language
    F1_Calendar_2011.xap
    WVGA
    English (International)
    Published
    XAP name
    Version
    OS
    Resolution
    Language
    F1_Calendar_2011.xap
    WVGA
    English (International)

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:15 PM
  • It's amazing that they still haven't fixed this. Absolutely amazing. Mind boggling.
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:42 AM
  • I have repro steps, if that helps you to fix it faster :)

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:16 PM
  • I came here to post a very similar screenshot. I made my game free for a few days, over a week ago. I'm unable to put it back to paid. Oh well, at least it's getting lots of downloads. It's been out for a year and had had ~4,000 downloads in that time. During this free period it has had ~10,000. Every cloud...

kalidorn.com | @KalidornStudio | Garry McMahon

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:54 PM
  • I am a ASP.Net developer and will be more than happy to help your dev's fix this issue.
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:37 PM
  • It Works now for me !

delete and edit links présent now

jp

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:45 PM
  • It's working now.  Thanks!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:50 PM
  • I still can't see any delete or edit links. Please fix this issue.

Keeper Team

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Hi Callpod,

This issue has been resolved.  If you are still unable to see the delete or edit links, please go to https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/support and open a support ticket so that we may assist you further.

Thanks!

JanessaJ-Microsoft | Windows Phone Dev Center Support | https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/support

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Fixed for me - thanks
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:41 PM
  • It works

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:05 AM
  • App submitted. Thanks!
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:26 AM
  • Hello Team,

I submitted a ticket yesterday and got no response yet. Please advice whats going on. I am still not able to delete the App.

Thanks

Keeper Team

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:49 PM
  • I'm in the same position as Callpod. I have submitted a ticket also. It might be worth mentioning that when I click on  Submit An App, I get taken to the Accounts Summary page. But that's just something interesting, I don't have a new app. I'm trying to end a free promotion I put on a while ago but I can't change the price.

I'm in the UK, maybe that's important.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Hello All,

If you are still experiencing this issue please open a support request with developer support.

If you have already opened a support request and have not received a response, please post your SR # so I can look into your case.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:03 PM
  • Hello Eric

This is SRX# 

SRX1200238900ID 

Thanks

Keeper Team

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:28 AM
  • I haven't had any response from my first support request (none that I can see, at least). I've submitted another one to see if I can get a SR#.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Hello Callpod,

It looks like we sent you an email on March 18 but I am resending our message to both emails on your account since you have not received our response.

Toonfool - Would you check the email account for your Live ID just in case the response was sent to that email address?

-Eric

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Toonfool - Would you check the email account for your Live ID just in case the response was sent to that email address?

-Eric

Thanks Eric,

I've been checking it regularly since the first support request. The last email on that account was received on the 16th. Perhaps I could get an email on that account to check that the records are right?

-Toonfool

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:26 PM
  • I've subscribed to  this thread and the email came to confirm that. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything). I submit a support request, then nothing happens. I can't update my app, it's just sitting on the free list when it's supposed to be paid. There aren't any ads in it, I can't just continue to give it away for free.

10,000 people have gotten it for free. That's great, word is getting out about it and lots of excellent reviews are coming in. I need to change it back to a paid game though, this was a promotion, not a permanent change.

EDIT: Support helped me find the unrelated issue which was holding me up. Thank you!
    • Edited by toonfool Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:07 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 10:33 AM
  • Hello Garry,

I was able to find your case in our system that you created on March 20 and I was able to see that Joe contacted you on March 21. If you still do not see an email from us please let me know.

The XAP upload/submission issue that many of you have been experiencing should be resolved. Please try to upload your XAP today and if you are still unable to do so please open a support request.

-Eric

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Hello Eric,

Our problem is not resolved. This is our issue id SRX1200238900ID. We have been waiting now for over 10 days. I can't believe Microsoft has such a poor Customer Support and a buggy interface even to submit Apps. I tried to call you many times today too. I also sent you screenshot from our dashboard.

At this poing we have no idea what to do as it is affecting our clients and business.

Please advice???????????

Keeper Team

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Hello Keeper Team,

The reason you are unable to submit apps is different and not related to this issue. Please continue to communicate with us through your case so we can work to resolve your issue.

-Eric

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:16 PM