- Build an app with an webview and call NavigateToString("<html><body><a href=\"myApp://http://www.bing.com\">Link</a></body></html>") on the webview.
- Start the app and click on the link
- an dialog appears saying that "myApp" is not known and you should choose some app to work with. OK.
- find the appxmanifest file and add a protocol declaration for "myapp" (no other fields filled)
- Start the app and click the link
- the app says it wants to change the app (to itsself ... ?). Still OK
- No remove the protocol declaration from the manifest
- start the app again
- click the link ... Nothing happens. The Default handling is lost.
I can't fix this. Deinstalling the app won't work and rebooting also won't bring back the original handling. Seems to be a bug in VS oder in Win 8 itself.
Edited bytkrasingerWednesday, October 31, 2012 10:11 AM