none
Can you Crop a Png image and set a transparent background for store-app, or how to - Vb

Question

• I have a series of images that I have pasted together into one larger png file.  Each separate image would load into an image control with a transparent background.  Now, I am retrieving each with a cropping sub, but the images are losing the transparent background.  So, I am looking for how to set this property for my cropped image.

I am using the methods at  http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/CSWin8AppCropBitmap-52fa1ad7

After looking on msdn, it does not appear to me to be methods to allow this for a store-app.

I can load them separately, but will be 50 separate load and stores as opposed to just having one image as a source.  I assume loading them separately may be less efficient.  Maybe I just need to do that, after all the cropping takes time and resources as well.

Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:23 PM

All replies

• I would like the load time would be slower for 1 large image than 50 smaller images.  You can load the smaller images async so you could be loading more than one at a time
    Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

From the description of GetPixelDataAsync() function, the alpha property of the image should be preserved. I'll do more research on this issue.

Aaron
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:58 AM