none
Cache the HTML generated and the page

Question

• Hi all,

I have a app which has tow pages. The over view and the detail. When the app opens the overview page opens. During this time I create a inner HTML (using data from web service) and push to my parent div in overview page. This works fine but takes some time (let says 4 sec). This is fine because it is the initial boot up of app and is acceptable. The INNER HTML generated is stored in global scope also.

If user needs to go to a detail, he clicks an item in overview and he is taken to detail page. This also works fine. If he wants to come back to overview page, he clicks the back button.

The problem starts here. When the user clicks the back button and I navigate back to overview page, I have to again insert the inner HTML (because the page doesnot cache it from last time) and so user sees a delay of 4 secs everytime he navigates from detail to overview page.

Is there anyway to cache this generated HTML in overview page, my data does not change frequently, so I only query the service on app start time and there us no talk to service after that.

The delay is too much and not acceptable on low end device such as "Surface RT". Any ideas?

- Girija

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:55 AM

All replies