none
Achievement API for Windows 8

Question

• My search skills have failed  miserably. If anyone would be able to point me to an acheivements/leaderboard API for use in the windows 8 store i would be very appreciative. I've found third party APIs to use xbox live achievements but they seem to be more for querying what acheivements you have for displaying on some website. I'm writing a game and would like to use (if possible) the MS sanctioned leaderboard and and acheivements API. something similar to the gamecenter api on ios.

any help appreciated. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Use the Xbox Live SDK

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsappdev/archive/2012/03/14/bring-single-sign-on-and-skydrive-to-your-windows-8-apps-with-the-live-sdk.aspx

Daniel C.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:25 PM
  • The XNA developer center also has resources on this topic.

EDIT: Currently Xbox Live on Windows is only available to developers working with Microsoft Studios or other publishing partners. There is not a freely distributed SDK or service available unless you are working with Microsoft Studios or another of the Live publishing partners.

-Eric

Friday, January 25, 2013 11:53 PM
  • If anyone finds any info on Eric's link about how to access a leaderboard or achievements API from windows store apps please post it here. I looked his link and didn't know where to go for any information on this.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by RamboBill Monday, January 28, 2013 2:50 AM
    Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:21 AM