none
Is there any way to launch troubleshooting from Metro application

Question

• Hi all,

I though there is no way to launch troubleshooting from metro. I just want to confirm.

Btw, Is there any way to open some network applets ? 

Thanks

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:20 AM

Answers

• I looked into this.  The troubleshooters are part of the msdt.exe application, which is located in system32.  You can't access that location nor programmatically invoke that process.  So the answer is no.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:44 PM

All replies

• I don't understand this question.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:27 PM
  • Sorry for not make thing clear here, 

I'm developing an appication which supports/guides people to fix some troubleshooting in their computer. Target user will be people who don't know much about computer things.

For some case, such as lost network connection, First of all, I want them open trooubleshooting of windows (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Network and Internet...). So, I just want to know is there any way to launch it programmatically in Metro application ? Alternative way may be launch network connection (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections) ? 

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:55 PM
  • no i dont think you can do this

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:11 PM
  • I looked into this.  The troubleshooters are part of the msdt.exe application, which is located in system32.  You can't access that location nor programmatically invoke that process.  So the answer is no.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:44 PM