none
How to launch the default metro app

Question

• I want to launch a default metro app in my metro app, for example,launch the store or other default metro app through my metro app.
    I don't know how to get the default metro protocol name when I call LaunchUriAsync(Uri).
    I want to known default metro app was registered or not?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Qixing Ping,

You can't launch a specific app from a Metro style app. You can launch a document or URI and it will open in whichever application the user set to handle that app. The launching app cannot control which app handles the file.

For the store case, ou can link to your app's listing in the store with the ms-windows-store protocol as described in the Linking to your apps on the web blog.

--Rob

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:20 PM
    Owner
  • Hi - can you explain your scenario here?  I'm a bit confused as to what information you are looking for.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:20 PM
  • Hi Matt

Thanks for your reply.

I want to open Store in my metro app. Just like click a button to open Store.

Now, I open a  registered app(app1, I know it's protocol name) in another app(app2) when I call Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(), it's OK. 

When I want to open Store in app2, but I don't know Store's protocol name, so how can I get Store's protocol name, or it is impossible?

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Hi Qixing Ping,

The ms-windows-store protocol is described in the Linking to your apps on the web blog in the section titled The Windows Store protocol.

--Rob

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:59 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

I know what I want in that blog. Thank you.

--Ping

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:14 AM