none
How to Enable Hyper-V in Windows 8 -Pro.?

Question

• Hello All,

My laptop having ACER ASPIRE 4820TG with intel core i3 processor 330m

and 3 GB RAM.. I had tested my processor support SLAT - Hyper-V, But I am not able to enable my Hyper-V can anybody help me..

When I am running my Windows Phone 8 App that time it will say HyperVisor is not running Huper-V Error..

even I had tried with BIOS level but into boot level there is no option where I can found to enable..as well my Hyper-V Platform is on..Hyper-V Platform

is there any clue how I can resolve this problem...

Than you,

Jitendra Jadav

Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:41 PM

All replies

• Reboot your computer and as soon as it comes on go into the bios look at the computer processor setting and make sure virtualization is enabled.  The setting in the bios not windows 8
    Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Right, but as I told there is no option into computer processing setting like BIOS so where I can Enable. hyper-v.?

Is there any option where I can update my BIOS I am new to BIOS..

Jitendra Jadav

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:31 AM
  • The BIOS settings may not refer to Hyper-V, but they may refer to VMX and EPT.
    Monday, November 05, 2012 3:32 PM
  • then how I can resolve this problem.?

is there any option where I can run  my application...I am wondering no body will inform me how to resolve this problem..?

I you could help to figure out this problem then that would be the great help to me.............

Jitendra Jadav

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:06 PM
  • There should be a boot tool to modify BOIS settings.

The exact way to get into the BIOS settings tool, and the options available, depend upon hardware manufacturer so you should check your PC/motherboard documentation or check the manufacturers web site.

-Eric.

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

Also, the emulator installation FAQ is here; if you haven't done so already, please check it out and look for updates to it this week, as we learn more about common problems and solutions.

Regards,
    Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7

Monday, November 05, 2012 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

I did all the step which ever you had mention in you blog but still there is no success, I am wondering why is not happening my processor is Intel Core i3 and it support Hyper-V SLAT...

Is there any right way where I can find the solution.?

Thanks..!

Jitendra Jadav

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 5:17 AM
  • Is there any right way where I can find the solution.?

You will have to refer to the manufacturer of your PC or motherboard in order to find the BIOS settings that may enable Hyper-V on your specific hardware.  We have tried to help as much we can with the limited information available to us.
    Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:10 PM
  • Looks like it is the F2 key that launches the BIOS for Acer laptops:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15796

Refer to the Emulator FAQ I mentioned earlier for more info about the SLAT acronyms to look for.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:43 PM