none
How do I display customized pop up in my metro app in C#?

Question

• I know abt MessageDialog and flyout. But I could not use MessageDialog as I cannot customize the content and Flyout is for javascript only. Is there anything similar to flyout  in C#? I want to popup a search window when user clicks on loopkup link. User can search for codes in windows and on selecting should pss the value to parent window. How shall I do this in C# on metro app?
    Friday, May 11, 2012 4:46 AM

Answers

• The Xaml control you can use to build a Flyout with is the Popup.

Whether that is the appropriate host for your control depends on what specifically you need: you may be better off hosting a panel of some sort and showing and hiding that. If you have a complex window you may want to use a UserControl to consolidate the code.

If it makes sense for users to search from outside of your app you may also want to look into the search contract.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Aisha_17 Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:08 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 6:22 AM

All replies

• The Xaml control you can use to build a Flyout with is the Popup.

Whether that is the appropriate host for your control depends on what specifically you need: you may be better off hosting a panel of some sort and showing and hiding that. If you have a complex window you may want to use a UserControl to consolidate the code.

If it makes sense for users to search from outside of your app you may also want to look into the search contract.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Aisha_17 Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:08 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 6:22 AM
  • thanks !  created a user control for popping up a window and that solved my problem.
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:09 AM
  • Hi Aisha,

I also have the same requirement. I created user control and I am using popup object to show it. But how to set the verticaloffset and to make it like dialog popup (Making parent on-clickable) ?

I have to design a popup similar to the one in Weather app.

Please let me know if you have idea on it.

Thanks,

Suresh

Suresh

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:17 AM