none
Access Denied error when trying to check Windows.System.UserProfiles.UserInformation.NameAccessAllowed

Question

• Hi,

I am not able to retrive any information from the UserInformation object and getting an Access Denied error. My machine is part of a domain and both of my account that I tried with are administrator accounts. I have tried with my hotmail ID as well as with my domain ID.

Thanks

-Kasim

-Kasim

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Kasim,

You can get an Access Denied error if group policy blocks your user from retrieving UserInformation. In this case the only option is to catch the error and make sure your app handles the inability to get this information gracefully.

--Rob

Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:56 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Kasim,

Have you checked the Enterprise Authentication box in Capabilities tab of Package.appxmanifest?

nima

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:35 PM
  • Hi, Rob 

but as a user, if I do want to let the application get the UserInformation, how can I modify the GroupPolicy?

呵,呵呵~~

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:32 AM
  • But on my Windows 7 machine which is also in the same domain, I am able to use Integrated Windows Authentication or in desktop app get the logged in User info!!!

So why is Windows 8 getting this error? Ist Win8 trying to query more than what Win7 does and which is blocked by the group policy? What group policy will need to be modified by the Admin of the domain/group?

-Kasim

Monday, July 09, 2012 4:55 PM