none
Registration Code?

Question

• I'm trying to register for Dev Account for store and on the last step it asks me for a "Registration Code". It is required to enter. What the heck is this code and where one suppose to get it?

thanks!

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:04 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

Thank you for your interest in developing apps for the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is now officially open for users. Users of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview are now free to explore, browse, download apps, and test the overall experience. We opened the Windows Store with a cross section of apps in a variety of categories. The initial set of apps exemplifies the Metro design principles and showcases the many new capabilities of Windows 8.

Once Windows 8 is complete, the Store will be open for all developers. However, during the early testing phase of the Store we will be working with a hand-picked collection of third party developers. Over time, throughout the pre-release phase, we will be adding new developers. If you are not currently a registered Windows 8 developer, you will have a chance to potentially join later by attending one of our Windows 8 camps being conducted around the globe starting next month.

Thanks,

Dawn

Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:01 AM

All replies

• I have encountered the same problem, what is the "Registration Code" ?
    Monday, February 20, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hi there,

Can you help clarify how you are registering for a Developer Account?

At this time, I do not believe registering for a Developer Account is available yet. Please do check back from time to time on when that will be made available. More information regarding a Developer License for the Windows Developer Preview can be found here. For latest updates, please visit the Windows Store for developers blog or the Building Windows 8 blog.

Thanks,

Bobby 

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:00 PM
  • Hi Bobby L.,

I didn't remember how i found this register link:

https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/en-US/Account/Signup/EditAccount

Thank you

Michelle.Tsai

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:35 AM
  • Hi Michelle,

For Windows 8 Beta, from Antoine Leblond's Windows Store for developers blog:

What’s next?

Windows 8 Beta will give us the opportunity to test and scale our Store platform, and it also provides a great opportunity to receive feedback. We’re inviting a select number of developers from a few markets to submit apps during the Beta. We will use this limited set of markets to pilot test our model and validate our services. In addition, our First Apps contest extends the submission opportunity to developers beyond the initial invitation list

For more details on the full blog post, please see here.

Thanks,

Bobby

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:08 PM
  • I have encountered the same problem, what is the "Registration Code" ?

Same problem

What is it?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:41 PM
  • all these posts are starting to stress me out hehe the store isnt available until next week so the registration code is more than likely for those who got an advanced invite to the store.  from what ive been reading frantically online it sounds like the store will be invite only to a select few developers which if true is really going to upset me because ive got 2 completed metro apps that i would like to add to the store and get used and tested by everyone on different machines and get some feedback and if i dont get to use the store ill be gutted and that signup page doesnt include the united kingdom as a selectable country which could mean the end for me :'(.  im going to continue to bite my nails for the next 5 days and wait to see what happens on wednesday xx
    • Edited by Amy Gx Friday, February 24, 2012 3:43 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Seems like Registration Code is still required for creating Developer account for the App Store. The homepage for the store states:

The Windows Store is currently closed to general submissions. If you don't have a registration code, you'll be able to sign up when the Windows Store opens for general submissions.           

Can somebody from Microsoft please reply and provide clarification on when the Store will be open for general submissions? Will we have to wait till the official release of Windows 8 to start developing and submitting apps for it?

• Edited by Karlie Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:39 PM
  • I am having the same problem. I would like to know the date and time it will open up so I don't have to keep checking. I thought it would open at 9AM this morning.
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:50 PM
  • just finished installing CP in anticipation that the store would finally be open and I can get my metro apps on it but it wont let me register.  why cant we submit our apps and when will we be able to submit them? 

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Hi all,

Thank you for your interest in developing apps for the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is now officially open for users. Users of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview are now free to explore, browse, download apps, and test the overall experience. We opened the Windows Store with a cross section of apps in a variety of categories. The initial set of apps exemplifies the Metro design principles and showcases the many new capabilities of Windows 8.

Once Windows 8 is complete, the Store will be open for all developers. However, during the early testing phase of the Store we will be working with a hand-picked collection of third party developers. Over time, throughout the pre-release phase, we will be adding new developers. If you are not currently a registered Windows 8 developer, you will have a chance to potentially join later by attending one of our Windows 8 camps being conducted around the globe starting next month.

Thanks,

Dawn

Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Thanks Dawn

Can you provide link and or info on how to sign up as a registered Windows 8 developer and make sure we can get invited/or plan to attend one of the Windows 8 camps you reference?

Colleen

Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:38 AM
  • Hello Dawn,

to start development it is important to reserve at least the App Name. I guess only a few companys will risk to start the developoment to find out at the end (when the store will be opend) that the name has already been taken be someone else.

It is right now not that important to publish the app into the store but to reserve the name!

Sörnt

Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Hi Colleen,

Please continue to watch the postings in the Windows Store for developers blog for updates on the Windows 8 camps.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/

Thanks,

Dawn

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:26 PM
  • I hope these camps are close and free because often these workshop type events are 100s of miles away and impossible to get too

I'm very disappointed that we cant access the store and it appears only big companies and people who work for these companies and highly experienced developers have access to it,  what about us independents and all the other android and ios developers that came to metro in September and have been dedicating their time to metro development ever since?. how are we meant to get app feedback and bug reports from people so we can prepare our apps for windows 8 launch if we cant access the store not to mention trial features and browser links etc. all of which require us to use the store in order for people to gain access to them and try them on different devices so we can prepare them for launch.

I currently have 2 completed metro apps that I cant do anything else with until I have access to the store but if we have to wait until windows 8 is finished which is probably the end of the year 7-8 months time what do we do until then?

Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:04 PM
  • I am with Colleen on this one, if we can't get in to secure our name but others can.  This makes it so I'm not willing to put forth the effort in helping get a Metro product ready.

Is there an ETA on when this will open, at a minimum for registration?

Mitchel Sellers, C# MVP - http://www.mitchelsellers.com

Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:15 AM
  • Hi Dawn,

Is it safe to assume these camps are the same ones you are talking about:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cbowen/archive/2012/03/07/windows-8-developer-camps-coming-soon.aspx

Thanks,

Colin

Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:48 PM
  • Hi Colin,

Here is a link as well http://www.devcamps.ms/

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:19 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks, Dawn.  I'll keep an eye on that page too.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:34 PM
  • I'm printing this out and bringing it with me, I'm not leaving without a code!

thanks for the info!

-Jason

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Hey Dawn,

I can't find the area to get the registration code through MSDN (as I don't want to pay), can you show where to find the code?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:15 AM
  • go to drem spark account and register as student and get verified and obtain your register code
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:35 PM