none
Registration code?

Question

• Hi, I wold like to register and get a license to publish our metro style applation. But when I go through the wizard for registration, I got the following page. How can I get registration code? Thanks.

What is it?

Monday, September 03, 2012 11:10 PM

Answers

• Hi FugersonHall,

So if you have a Token, you can enter it in to the Registration Code box. If you do not have a token, then you can click Next. This will then bring up the Credit Card Payment page, where you can pay for you subscription.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by FugersonHall Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:18 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi FugersonHall,

The registration code is a Microsoft provided token.  If you do not currently have one, you cannot sign up as an individual developer.  From the picture you provided, it appears you trying to register as an individual.  At this time the Store is only accepting Company registrations and Token holders.  Be sure to watch our blogs as to when that will open. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsappdev/archive/2012/08/15/windows-8-rtm-is-available-for-developers.aspx

Thanks-

Monday, September 03, 2012 11:58 PM
  • Hi,

just an additional information to the post above: You can get a registration token if you participate in an offical Dev Camp or in an App Excellence Lab.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 12:33 AM
  • I have already completed one metro style application and am planning to publish it at app store before October. When can Microsoft apps store accept individual registrations? 

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:17 AM
  • Like said above you can register yourself as an individual if you have a registration token. See my post above ow you can get one.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 12:16 PM
  • I live in Bay Area at California. Could I know when and where I can take part in the Windows 8 Developer Camps or  App Excellence Lab? Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:06 AM
  • Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:22 PM
  • Thanks. If I take part in this event, can I get the token code? Its location is close to me.

https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032521305&Culture=en-US&community=0

The Cloud OS Signature Event Series: Introducing Windows Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012, and Windows Azure

Event ID: 1032521305

Intercontinental Downtown San Francisco
    888 Howard St
    San Francisco California 94103
    United States

Starts: Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:00 AM
    Ends: Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:00 PM
    Time zone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Welcome Time: 8:30 AM

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:03 PM
  • This event is not about Windows 8. An overview of Windows 8 events can be found on https://win8.msregistration.com/EventList.aspx

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:03 PM
  • From the schedules in the list, it looks like that I have to go outside of USA to take part in it. It is not convenient. Any other way to get the Registration code?
    Thursday, September 06, 2012 3:04 AM
  • In Germany we have virtual (online) App Excellence Labs and from what I know they are also take place in the US. Just write your local Microsoft contact.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:18 PM
  • I got the information, and the apps store has opened for all developers.

Windows Store now open to developers from 120 different markets! | C9Team | Channel 9
    http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/C9Team/Windows-Store-now-open-to-developers-from-120-different-markets 

I cannot register, and the original problem is still there. Do I still need the Registration Code after they open to all developers?

Thanks. 

Monday, September 17, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Hi FugersonHall,

You no longer need a Token to register as a Windows Store Developer. Please provide details of the error you are seeing.

Thanks

Monday, September 17, 2012 6:16 PM
  • I used the Visual Studio 2012 RC to do it, like clicking Store on the main menu - > Registration.... , and then it let me go to the registration wizard. On the 2nd or 3rd step, the page like my original post appears. I cannot pay $49 because it needs the Registration Code. The hyperlink is at: https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/en-us/Account/Signup/PurchaseSubscription . The error is as follows. 

<form action="http://storeportals/en-us/Account/Signup/UpdateSubscription" method="post" target="_blank">

Did I go to the wrong website to register for submitting my apps? If it is true, could you please send me the right place to submit the app? Thanks a lot. 

</form>

Your registration includes:

• Your Windows Store developer account
    • Access to the Windows Store dashboard
    • The ability to publish apps in the Windows Store
    • Detailed info about your apps in the Windows Store
    • Auto-renewal every year (paid subscriptions only)
    • Two free assisted technical support incidents per year
    <form action="http://storeportals/en-us/Account/Signup/UpdateSubscription" method="post" target="_blank">

Windows Store developer registration

49.00 USD

We can't connect to the service. Please try again later.
    Registration code <input maxlength="20" name="TokenCode" style="margin:0px;font-size:12.800000190734863px;" type="text" value="" />

If you have a registration code, enter it here and click Update total to see the new price.

Additional taxes and fees may apply.

Total

49.00 USD

</form>

Monday, September 17, 2012 6:49 PM
  • Hi FugersonHall,

The signup page is correct, as well as the price shown for an Individual account. Have you tried accessing the site from a different browser or different machine?

Thanks

Monday, September 17, 2012 7:48 PM
  • I used the IE10. But how can I get registration code to input at the textbox?

Thanks.

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:32 PM
  • Hi FugersonHall,

So if you have a Token, you can enter it in to the Registration Code box. If you do not have a token, then you can click Next. This will then bring up the Credit Card Payment page, where you can pay for you subscription.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by FugersonHall Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:18 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 9:52 PM