none
'CreateSemaphore': identifier not found

Question

• Hi,

I am porting an old win app to metro, and I can see that CreateSemaphore() is included in <WinBase.h> (for metro)

So, I don't understand why is not finding it. I am including "$WindowsSDK_IncludePath" in the "Include Directories" seting of General Configuration.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:43 PM

Answers

• The thing is, that despite what the documentation says, CreateSemaphore(...) is not defined, only CreateSemaphoreEx. So I created an inline method stud that wraps things up.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:39 PM

All replies

• The thing is, that despite what the documentation says, CreateSemaphore(...) is not defined, only CreateSemaphoreEx. So I created an inline method stud that wraps things up.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:39 PM
  • Hi George,

I'm glad you figured that out.  The documentation you linked says that CreateSemaphore is not available to Metro style apps ("The topic you requested is shown below. This topic is not, however, included in this library.") and I don't see it listed in the Win32 and COM for Metro style apps list.  Was there another link to it that we need to fix or is the not included notation confusing?

--Rob

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Thanks Rob, I didn't see the "This topic is not, however, included in this library" msg. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 3:35 PM