none
How to launch the store with specified application link

Question

• Hi

How to launch the store with specified application link from inside the metro style apps. 

Regards

Ravi Shankar

Ravi Shankar- Sr. Software Developer

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• These are the only classes I know to interact with the store:

Windows.ApplicationModel.Store namespace

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/apps/windows.applicationmodel.store

And apparently they all apply to the current app, so nothing to launch the store and do stuff like the things we can do on Windows Phone with MarketplaceSearchTask or MarketplaceDetailTask.

I'm going to do some more research in case I'm missing something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alejandro Campos Magencio - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
     If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

Friday, May 25, 2012 1:47 PM
  • You can launch a link using the Windows Store protocol: ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=<package family name>

See Linking to your apps on the web for more details.

--Rob

Friday, May 25, 2012 3:39 PM
  • This will open the Store on e.g. Pinball FX2 game:

Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri("ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=Microsoft.PinballFX2_8wekyb3d8bbwe"));

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alejandro Campos Magencio - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
     If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

• Marked as answer by R.Shankar Monday, June 04, 2012 5:55 AM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 7:30 AM
  • Is this the correct way to get the "Package Family Name" in code?

var uri = new Uri(@"ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=" + Package.Current.Id.FamilyName);
                await Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(uri);

Monday, July 09, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Has anyone been able to confirm Tom's suggested code for programmatically accessing the Package Family Name? I need to know this too and would find a definitive answer here extremely useful.

At the moment I'm having to guess whether my link to the Store will work as I don't appear to be able to know for certain what the package family name is prior to publishing, by which time it's too late to add it to my app.

Adam -- My new book, "Windows Phone 7 Game Development" is out now! See http://www.adamdawes.com/books/wp7gamedev.html for more details.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:05 AM
  • Hello,

yes, following works

var uri = new Uri(@"ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=" + Package.Current.Id.FamilyName);
                await Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(uri);

BUT only the music - hub starts on the Phone, even I enter the Family Name hard coded. #Weird

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Monday, May 26, 2014 11:36 AM