none
W-8 Tax Form Migration from App Hub to Dev Center

General discussion

• Hello,

We are currently in the process of migrating the W-8 tax forms entered into the App Hub to the new Dev Center.  This process may take up to 2 days to complete.   If you need to update any of your paid apps or submit new paid apps immediately, you can quickly complete and submit a W-8 tax form online through the Dev Center.  Please note that if the info entered into Dev Center is different than what was originally entered in the App Hub, once the migration is complete, the App Hub information may override the newly entered info. To update your tax status please follow these steps:

1.        Go to your Dev Center account by clicking on this link:  https://dev.windowsphone.com/account
    2.        Review your Tax profile and Payment account to ensure it is complete
    3.        Click ‘EDIT’ to add or change information

Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for the Dev Center to reflect any changes you’ve made to your tax profile.   If you experience any issues or have any questions, please submit a ticket to Support.

Thank you for your patience.

Windows Phone Commerce Team

Jo T Smith

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:26 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

Then the notification in dashboard about the Tax profile incomplete is false? One year ago I already sent to you my W8BEN Form and you received.

In which case I must resend the W8BEN update? Address changed?

Thanks.

- Kafar

Kafar

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:12 AM
  • And how about the Xbox Live Indie Games? You are planning to migrate also to this W-8 tax form?

It appears that this only affects Windows Phone Apps, but I have games in XBLIG and I never get the payment.

thanks

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Hello,

I have  submitted the W-8BEN online three days ago ,but it's in Pending Validation yet and i need to update paid app.

I need to send the W-8BEN for mail ?

How long dure the process of validation of the W-8BEN online ?

Regards

Mirko

Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:38 AM
    1.        Click ‘EDIT’ to add or change information

You're kidding me.

"Edit billing information":

Invalid input data

An error has occurred due to invalid information, and we are unable to process your request at this time. Please contact customer support if the problem persists.

Tax profile: Pending validation

How long will it take for an Austrian citizen and individual developer?

Programming is a kind of art but not all programmers are artists.

• Edited by hfrmobile Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:28 PM
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:28 PM