none
Microsoft advised that I post this question re: adding References to my project

Answers

• Hi.  

This is a long shot but when you select an item from the list in the Reference Manager are you also clicking the check box to the left of the reference item?  This was confusing to me also.  It is not enough to just left click-select the reference item and then 'OK'.  You also need to click the check box of the references you want to add, then 'OK'.

Friday, November 16, 2012 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi.  

This is a long shot but when you select an item from the list in the Reference Manager are you also clicking the check box to the left of the reference item?  This was confusing to me also.  It is not enough to just left click-select the reference item and then 'OK'.  You also need to click the check box of the references you want to add, then 'OK'.

Friday, November 16, 2012 4:19 PM
  • Oh, boy; I hereby bequeath upon myself the Doofus of the Millennium award - that was it! I didn't even "see" the checkbox.

Nevertheless, all's well that ends well. It was such an obvious potential oversight that nobody else thought of it, I guess.

Thanks for not telling yourself, "Nah, it couldn't be THAT!"

Friday, November 16, 2012 6:02 PM
  • jrboddie, if you have a Stack Overflow account, you can add the answer to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13239597/why-can-i-not-reference-bing-maps-in-my-app and I will award you a bounty.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:12 PM