none
Can't deploy C# metro style app that consumes Win RT component

Question

• Hello,

I'm getting the following error when building an app that is a simple test of creating a C++ WinRT component dll consumed in a C# metro style app.

I'm getting the DEP0700 error as well as others. I looked at the other threads that had the DEP0700  error but none of those solved my issue (I tried changing the package name).

Any idea what's up? Thanks!

Error:

Error 1 Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app in the layout folder "C:\cygwin\home\Suneet\MetroPDF\MetroPDFTest\MetroPDFTest\bin\x86\Debug\AppX" failed.
    Error 2 error 0x80070005: Failed to set access rights to \\?\C:\cygwin\home\Suneet\MetroPDF\MetroPDFTest\MetroPDFTest\bin\x86\Debug\AppX.

Output of build:

1>------ Build started: Project: MetroPDFTest, Configuration: Debug x86 ------

1>  MetroPDFTest -> C:\cygwin\home\Suneet\MetroPDF\MetroPDFTest\MetroPDFTest\bin\x86\Debug\MetroPDFTest.exe

2>------ Deploy started: Project: MetroPDFTest, Configuration: Debug x86 ------

2>Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app in the layout folder "C:\cygwin\home\Suneet\MetroPDF\MetroPDFTest\MetroPDFTest\bin\x86\Debug\AppX" failed.

2>error 0x80070005: Failed to set access rights to \\?\C:\cygwin\home\Suneet\MetroPDF\MetroPDFTest\MetroPDFTest\bin\x86\Debug\AppX.

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Friday, June 22, 2012 10:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

if you right click on the folder C:\cygwin\home\Suneet\MetroPDF\MetroPDFTest\MetroPDFTest\bin\x86\Debug\AppX, properties, security, who has access to that folder right now e.g. System (Full control?) ?

We might want to run a procmon log and issue a Build | Deploy from the IDE to get more details.

thanks!

mike

Monday, June 25, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Thanks.. It was some kind of permissions issue. I moved the project to a new folder and all was solved.
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:53 PM