none
DirectX & XAML Interop with SwapChainBackgroundPanel

Dotaz

• I have converted a small prototype application from using the pure DirectX Metro API to using the XAML Interop framework that was released with the consumer preview. One of the XAML elements I added was an AppBar. It appears to come and go correctly, if somewhat sluggishly.

But the real problem I have is that the buttons on the AppBar seem to be still active when the App Bar has collapsed. Is there anything I can do to stop this behaviour? Is it a bug or something I should do in the XAML. 

I notice the 3D Game sample has the same behaviour. You can touch the Reset button - even when the App Bar is not displayed!

-Graeme

17. dubna 2012 21:58

Odpovědi

• This is a known issue in the Consumer Preview.  As a workaround for now, you can try adding a Page element with Height and Width of 0 to the SwapChainBackgroundPanel and setting its TopAppBar and/or BottomAppBar property instead of adding the AppBar directly to the SwapChainBackgroundPanel.

• Označen jako odpověď GraemeBlack 18. dubna 2012 20:54
    18. dubna 2012 18:15

Všechny reakce

• Hi Graeme,

Would you please upload a sample code to skydriver?
    http://skydrive.live.com/

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

Or you can provide us the sample codes you tested can reproduce this issue?

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

18. dubna 2012 9:12
  • Hi Jesse,

I can upload my source if you wish, but the easiest way to reproduce this problem is with the Official Windows SDK sample "DirectX  3D shooting game sample (XAML)" found at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Metro-style-DirectX-18f98448 It has Reset, Pause and Play buttons in its AppBar.

1. If you start the game 

2. Bring up the app  bar to see where these buttons are.

3. Dismiss the app Bar

4. Tap the centre of the screen to start the game

5. Tap anywhere other than where the App Bar was and the background pane responds normally

6. Tap where the reset button was and the game resets

Oh and it's probably related that when the AppBar is up you can slide your finger anywhere on the AppBar and the background pane will pan.

If there is some attribute I can set on the AppBar to stop this behaviour it would be great - otherwise I'll just wait for final versions of everything.

(I'm using a Samsung //Build/ tablet.) 

Regards
    Graeme

18. dubna 2012 12:42
  • This is a known issue in the Consumer Preview.  As a workaround for now, you can try adding a Page element with Height and Width of 0 to the SwapChainBackgroundPanel and setting its TopAppBar and/or BottomAppBar property instead of adding the AppBar directly to the SwapChainBackgroundPanel.

• Označen jako odpověď GraemeBlack 18. dubna 2012 20:54
    18. dubna 2012 18:15