none
How do I create an msi to put multiple .url files on a user's desktop and include icons?

问题

• My goal is for a person to click on a web site link that will put three desktop shortcuts on the user's computer. I also want to include .ico files with each of these .url files. How can I do this?

I've always been a web developer so this my first time trying to deploy an 'app' to a user's computer. I really don't know where to start so any help is appreciated.

Update: I created an .msi with basically 6 files (3 .url files and 3 .ico files) in the project. I then 'added a shortcut' to the three .urls on the 'User's Desktop' and associated the .icos to those shortcuts. The installer work but does the icons do not show up for the shortcuts. Any ideas?

2012年3月12日 16:17

答案

• This is not a deployment question, it is a question about how to set a icon to the shortcut file at relative path. Please try this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/desktop

I have not found a public document show us a way can do this, all are the absolute path.

I think you can create an application to use the Process.Start method start the IE with your url string as the parameter, instead of a common shortcut, since one application can embed the icon as its resource, it can use your customize icon after you installed/deployed your product to the end users computers.

Best wishes,

Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

2012年3月13日 6:50