error in designers form

Întrebare

• hi everyone

i have no idea how to fix a form design error can someone help me with that

when i open the form it shows this

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: objectType

Instances of this error (1)
    1. Hide Call Stack

at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.TypeDescriptionNode.GetRuntimeType(Type objectType)
    at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptionProvider.GetRuntimeType(Type reflectionType)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.MultiTargetingContextProvider.GetRuntimeType(Type objectType)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.HandlesClauseManager.GetFieldType(String fieldName, Type documentBaseType)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.HandlesClauseManager.GetReferencedComponentType(String componentName, CodeTypeDeclaration codeTypeDecl, ITypeResolutionService loader, IDictionary& cache)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.HandlesClauseManager.ParseHandlesClauses(CodeTypeDeclaration codeTypeDecl, Boolean updateCache)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomParser.OnMethodPopulateStatements(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.CodeDom.CodeMemberMethod.get_Statements()
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

i have no idea how to fix that

20 februarie 2012 17:35

Toate mesajele

• try closing all open windows in Visual studio and doing a clean build will help, if there are no designer issues with the form.  Most of the times, it works for me

--Krishna

20 februarie 2012 17:39
  • thanks for your answer 

i tried it and i still have this error 

is there any guide or way how to fix such error?

20 februarie 2012 19:49
  • Not sure.  I dont think there is any.

wild guess. Are you using any custom controls ? If so, looks like they are throwing an exception while setting an attribute value of null to it by designer.

--Krishna

20 februarie 2012 20:56
  • maybe my code will help understand what my problem is

here is the code 

when i run the project the form does not fill so it seems that something is wrong with the tableadapter or rather with the property in the adapter but i can't get what is wrong

Public Class frmEditPerson      Private Sub Edit_Person_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'ShullaccountDataSet.membertype' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.        Me.MembertypeTableAdapter.Fill(Me.ShullaccountDataSet.membertype)        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'ShullaccountDataSet.members' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.        Me.MembersTableAdapter.FillBy(Me.ShullaccountDataSet.members, _                           Val(frmMain.dgvBasicMemberInfo.Item(1, frmMain.dgvBasicMemberInfo.CurrentRow.Index).ToString))    End Sub          Private Sub FirstLastFatherAddress_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs)        If Not Char.IsLetter(e.KeyChar) And Not Char.IsControl(e.KeyChar) And e.KeyChar <> " " Then            e.Handled = True        End If    End Sub    Private Sub txtTelZip_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) _       Handles mtxtel.KeyPress, ZipTextBox.KeyPress        If Not Char.IsNumber(e.KeyChar) And Not Char.IsControl(e.KeyChar) And e.KeyChar <> " " Then            e.Handled = True        End If    End Sub    Private Sub btnSave_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSave.Click        If FirstnameTextBox.Text = "" Or LastnameTextBox.Text = "" Then            MessageBox.Show("First and last name can not be empty", "Add Person", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)        Else            Dim result As New DialogResult            result = MessageBox.Show("Are you sure you want to edit this person", "Add Person" _                        , MessageBoxButtons.YesNoCancel, MessageBoxIcon.Question)            If result = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes Then                Me.Validate()                Me.MembersBindingSource.EndEdit()                Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.ShullaccountDataSet)                Shull_Account.frmMain.BasicMemberInfoTableAdapter.Fill _                    (Shull_Account.frmMain.ShullaccountDataSet.BasicMemberInfo)                frmMain.dgvBasicMemberInfo.Refresh()                Me.Close()            End If        End If    End Sub   End Class

20 februarie 2012 21:29
  • when i comment out the code in the form initialize component the error is still there only when i comment initialize sub it self then the error dissapears
    21 februarie 2012 18:16
  • Hi Jacob,
    Could you please try the following things?
    The first one is rebuilding. Open the form in the designer, clean the project, build the project, close the form in the designer, and open it again.
    The second one is changing the class modifier to public (one is in designer.vb).
    The third one is debugging. Common out the line <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> _  from your InitializeComponent sub, then debug the code to check where this error throw.
    If none of them works could you please share the code on the skydrive or share the code in the designer here?
    Please let us know the result.
    Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

23 februarie 2012 08:08