none
Group/Ungroup functionality

Întrebare

• hi,

does anybody have any idea how to implement Group/Ungroup functionality? i can't find any source for it... what direction to go...

thanks for any help
    Lubos
    18 iunie 2009 10:56

Răspunsuri

• Thanks for your clarification. Based on my thinking, we can add those selected controls into a UserControl or a Panel when we click the group button. After that, the selected controls looks like one control, and we can do operations to the panel or UserControl. 

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    22 iunie 2009 08:26
  • I do not think it is workable. As you can see in the PowerPoint, if we group two or more TextBoxes, the combined object can still keep the edit functionality. If we only create a picture representing the combined object, we may lost edit feature although we can make it looks like a combined one.

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou
    23 iunie 2009 08:53

Toate mesajele

• Hi LubosSykora,

Would you please elaborate your question? What did you want to group? Can we find the prototype of this functionality in the current software?

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou
    22 iunie 2009 03:28
  • sorry for missing explanation.

i meant something like Group?Ungroup functionality as is e.g. in power point. When user can select different component at design time and select "group them together". When then click on their area, they appear as one component...

regards
    Lubos
    22 iunie 2009 07:56
  • Thanks for your clarification. Based on my thinking, we can add those selected controls into a UserControl or a Panel when we click the group button. After that, the selected controls looks like one control, and we can do operations to the panel or UserControl. 

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou

22 iunie 2009 08:26
  • hi,

thanks for answer. will try it. i was also thinking of creating Glyph for such set of controls (that wa first idea i got, don't know if it's possible to use one glyph for more controls, or maybe it's even completely wrong)...

thanks again
    L
    23 iunie 2009 08:46
  • I do not think it is workable. As you can see in the PowerPoint, if we group two or more TextBoxes, the combined object can still keep the edit functionality. If we only create a picture representing the combined object, we may lost edit feature although we can make it looks like a combined one.

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou
    23 iunie 2009 08:53
  • hi,

yes - it works. i finally solved it by creating transparent group control and everything seems to work fine.

thanks
    Lubos
    3 iulie 2009 07:26