none
toolbar in vb.net

General discussion

• Hi,

Iam using a toolbar in mdi form with 5 buttons. and i had added an imagelist with five icons. For each button in toolbar i have assigned one icon from image list.

The toolbar button icons r visible in design time. but when i run the application only buttons r getting displayed with no icons on it.

Can anyone help me out of this problem...

Thanks in advance

ur friend
    Friday, February 11, 2005 9:39 PM

All replies

• You forgot to mention the most critical part. You are using Visual Styles.

Start your app in Sub Main() and add Application.DoEvents after Application.EnableVisualStyles.
    It may be better to use a Manifest file/resource instead.

An alternative solution (instead of adding Application.DoEvents) is to leave your ImageList empty at design time. Add the Icons to your project as embedded resource and add them to the Imagelist in the Form_Load() method.
    Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:30 AM
  • I tried this in my solution but it didn't work... could the colour depth effect this problem?? There seems to be quite a few messages in the forum that relates to this issue.  Do you know if MS are actually going to do anything about it?
    Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:20 PM

• Mark:

Which of the 3 options did you try?

I've never seen any of them fail to display an image in a toolbarbutton, but incorrect colordepth could result in ugly looking icons.
    Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:51 PM