none
not able to unmute on windows xp

Question

• Hi all,

I have degraded my OS from vista to XP.I have installed relevant audio and video drivers.But I could not here the audio.I have enabled audio by going to contol panel --> sound,speech and audio devices and enabled Microsoft UAA bus Driver for high definition audio as well.But still it does not work.I assume there are couple of changes need to be done once we degrade the OS to xp to make the audio work.Can some body help me in resolving this.

Fatser responce would highly appreciated.

Regards,

Harideep

Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:27 AM

Answers

• Your try to explore in the Sounds and Audio Device Properties in the control panel.

Check also whether u can adjust the Master volume which you can find in System tray.

Set the master volume to mute and check it.

Kindly let me know if it dint solve ur problem.

Regards

TurbulentGeek

Mark as Answer if it helped you.

• Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:09 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 6:56 AM

All replies

• Your Question is a contradictory. Title u have mentioned as " Not able to Unmute" but in description you have mentioned that you cannot here the audio.

But anyway,

Whether have you plugged any HeadPhones or Speakers in the Port. If you have done that, then it might also be the reason. You need to enable that by clicking on the Properties in the control panel.

If not get me some more details about what u have done.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 7:12 AM
  • Thanks for your fast response.I am unable to unmute it but I could here the audio with the head set.

Please suggest me any work around if you come across this before.

Friday, June 18, 2010 5:51 AM
  • Your try to explore in the Sounds and Audio Device Properties in the control panel.

Check also whether u can adjust the Master volume which you can find in System tray.

Set the master volume to mute and check it.

Kindly let me know if it dint solve ur problem.

Regards

TurbulentGeek

Mark as Answer if it helped you.

• Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:09 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 6:56 AM
  • Hi Harideep,

This is Windows Forms forum of Microsoft Visual Studio, the topic you propose is off topic here.

Best Regards,
    Helen Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:30 AM