none
what to do next..? i have finished coding my little project

Question

• Greetings..

I created my first windows forms project. (a very basic one..). now i ask what to do next..?

1- when we usually want to install a program it is one icon and we double click on it and then follow the installation steps. can we do that with windows forms.? if yes how.?

i want to have my app as an icon to start not that i have to always start from visual studio.. 

(this may be a stupid post but i really don't know how to do this)

Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:42 AM

Answers

• After searching for a while. and trying different ways-tutorials i finally found the one that works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBlIxHaV1I&feature=related

i hope this will help if somebody have a same problem.

regards... 

• Marked as answer by plazzasele Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:24 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:24 PM

All replies

• If you just want to run your program from the desktop of the machine where it was created, then you probably don't need to go to the trouble of creating an installation set.

Right click on an empty space on your desktop and go to New->Shortcut and put in the info that it asks for. When you browse for the executable, it will probably be something like c:\MyProject\bin\debug\MyProject.exe.

If you don't like the default icon, you can right click on the shortcut that you just created and go to properties and hit the "change icon" button to select a new one (assuming that you have some icons somewhere), or you can change the icon in the project in Visual Studio and rebuild.
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:05 AM
  • @Ante Meridian

I want to use the program on another pc. not on the one it was created on.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:42 AM
  • After searching for a while. and trying different ways-tutorials i finally found the one that works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBlIxHaV1I&feature=related

i hope this will help if somebody have a same problem.

regards... 

• Marked as answer by plazzasele Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:24 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:24 PM