none
WebBrowser.ShowPrintDialog() question

Question

• Is it possible to force the .ShowPrintDialog() to use Landscape mode by default?  Or is it possible to use a custome PrintDialog object and input the HtmlFile into that with custom settings?
    Friday, November 16, 2007 7:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• you can use print templates
    mshtml.IHTMLDocument2 doc = WebBrowser.Document as mshtml.IHTMLDocument2;
    doc.execCommand(IDM_PRINT,showUI, customPrintTemplatePath);

In your template you need to change the orientation property of the templateprinter object.
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 2:57 AM
  • mshtml.IHTMLDocument2 doc = ticketPrint.Document as mshtml.IHTMLDocument2;

gives the error:
    Error    1    Cannot convert type 'System.Windows.Forms.HtmlDocument' to 'mshtml.IHTMLDocument2' via a built-in conversion

I did add the reference to the Microsoft.mshtml from the interop's dlls in c:\program files\microsoft.net\ -- was this not the correct DLL or am I missing something?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:32 PM
  • mshtml.IHTMLDocument2 doc = ticketPrint.Document.DomDocument as mshtml.IHTMLDocument2;
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:38 PM
  • I'm using C# if anyone's wondering but this is what I have from reading various other attempts at it:

Code Block

<head>
    <?IMPORT NAMESPACE="IE" IMPLEMENTATION="#default">
    </head>

<body>

<IE:TEMPLATEPRINTER id="Printer"/>
    <SCRIPT Language="JavaScript">
    Printer.orientation="landscape";
    </SCRIPT>
    </body>

This is the layout of the HTML page (it contains these new additions to the structure).  Now, inside my C# code I have:

mshtml.IHTMLDocument2 doc = ticketPrint.Document.DomDocument as mshtml.IHTMLDocument2;
                doc.execCommand("print", true, 0);

However, this doesn't work, and I'm assuming it has something to do with the 0.  Is there any other way I can specify the landscape directly into the place of 0?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Thanks.

-Emily

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:18 PM
  • Unfortunately no, I can't seem to find any more information unless it applies to C++ specifically (the code for any C# application doesn't mimic it for C++).
    Friday, December 14, 2007 8:14 PM