none
UnInstall Application -Application still shows on Desktop and Notification Bar

Question

• i am using C# Windows Setup and Deployment Project

1.I created a latest Installer using Setup and Deployment Project (Windows Application)

2.Then i Uninstalled that application from Program and Features but at that time My Application was in Running Mode.

3.After Uninstallation was successfully still the application was showing in task-bar and in the notification bar

so is there a way to resolve this problem so that the application can be removed from task bar and notification bar

Code

private void ScreenClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
            {
                Application.Exit();
            }

but now i am not closing i am simpley uninstalling it from Program and Features so how it can be don ?

thanx

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi tan_vis0,

Visual Studio setup project doesn't provide pin taskbar feature. If the user pin the taskbar manually, windows installer will not remove any content create by user or application.

If the application is running during uninstallation, a file in use dialog will appear. The icon in notification will remove after you close the application and reboot the computer.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:18 AM
  • What version of Windows are you using? I have seen this happen on later versions of Windows. Windows makes the running app "temporary" in memory and will delete it when you close it down. I think it's trying to be helpful and not force a shutdown if it doesn't need to.

Phil Wilson

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:30 PM

All replies

• CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE WITH THIS ?

THANKS

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Hi tan_vis0,

Visual Studio setup project doesn't provide pin taskbar feature. If the user pin the taskbar manually, windows installer will not remove any content create by user or application.

If the application is running during uninstallation, a file in use dialog will appear. The icon in notification will remove after you close the application and reboot the computer.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:18 AM
  • What version of Windows are you using? I have seen this happen on later versions of Windows. Windows makes the running app "temporary" in memory and will delete it when you close it down. I think it's trying to be helpful and not force a shutdown if it doesn't need to.

Phil Wilson

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:30 PM