none
Winverifytrust returned -2146869232

Question

• Hi,

I have created a pre requisities on my own to install a named sql  instance.But the problem is when i install that in XP i am getting following error,

Winverifytrust returned -2146869232.

file not trusted.

Error: Setup has detected that the publisher of file 'my temp path here' can not be verified.

But the same is working fine in Windows 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

knowledge glows
    Monday, January 03, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• Have you actually changed the SQL Express exe file? Or put a new one in there? If that's what you did, then that probably caused the problem. The setup.exe uses some checking to make sure that the one it wants to install is actually the one that came from Microsoft.

Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by Aspen VJ Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 10:30 PM

All replies

• That error is just "The digital signature of the object did not verify. " so that fits with what you're seeing.

What does it mean that you created a prerequisite to install an instance? A prerequisite is usually a redistributable like SQL Express, .NET Runtime, VC++ runtime. 

Phil Wilson
    Monday, January 03, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Hi,

It's SQL Express named instance.

knowledge glows
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:05 AM
  • Hi Phill,

I checked it what you said is correct.I am using SQLExpress_2008_X86_ENU.exe to install sql named instance.

And it says This digital signature is not valid.

Do have to download again or reuse the same?

Thanks

knowledge glows
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Hi karthickeyan,

Base on my understanding, you can create a setup project for installing Wintrust dll and make that setup.exe as prerequisite. When you run the main app setup.exe, it will do a file check to see if Wintrust dll is existed. If not, it will launch the Wintrust installer to install it into system directory.

I hope it helps solve your problem. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Vin Jin

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Have you actually changed the SQL Express exe file? Or put a new one in there? If that's what you did, then that probably caused the problem. The setup.exe uses some checking to make sure that the one it wants to install is actually the one that came from Microsoft.

Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by Aspen VJ Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 10:30 PM