none
How do i get my hard drive back???

Question

• Hey.. I dont no if this is the right question to ask in the forum but i dont no where to go and ask... well

I just wiped my whole laptop for a stupid error but when my (laptop) was going i had 2 hard drives. Once i wiped the laptop clean and put windows xp back on it was sparkling new but i couldnt find the 2nd hard drive (D:\). . . i'm on it now but i have been searching for (D:\). . .

Can someone help me to guide me through to try find this?

Cheers

Shay

Email: mazdaspeed777@hotmail.com

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:27 AM

Answers

•  

You are right this is not really the right place to ask.. You should be asking your question in one of the Windows XP Support groups. You will be able to find these from the support option on the Windows XP Home page from www.microsoft.com.

But it sounds like when you first had your laptop built you had 2 partitions installed on your hardrive. Generally Notebooks are only shipped with one installed hard drive and some times have this formatted into two different partitions. To fix the problem and put one back on you are going to have to complete a reinstall or use a program like partition magic to create the new partition.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 11:30 AM