none
ClickOnce failed - Could not find file

General discussion

• Hey,

When I try to publish my project through ClickOnce, it always get the error messages:

Error    16    Cannot publish because a project failed to build.        1    1    WinUi
    Error    47    Could not find file 'obj\Release\PhotoArtDecoClient.WinUi.exe'.    WinUi

If I check the folder, then I see that there is no exe file.
    When I build the solution, then there is a exe file.

• Changed type Kira Qian Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:44 AM

All replies

• When you select Build/RebuildSolution, do you have any build errors? If you delete the bin folder and try again, does it work?

If the name of your project PhotoArtDecoClient? Where does the "WinUi" part come from?

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 2:25 AM
  • Hi flashbeir,

I don't understand the first error. The second error I think you can change the VS mode to "Release" then build your project(not publish, but right click solution to "Rebuild Solution"). After that "obj\Release\PhotoArtDecoClient.WinUi.exe" should appear under your solution folder.

Sincerely,
    Kira Qian
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 2:36 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post editor window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:48 AM
  • No build errors. Yes the contents of the bin folder get recreated after deleting and rebuilding. During the build phase the exe gets created and then during the publish phase it disapears. No wonder exe can not be found but who deletes it?
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:23 PM